Haggling Price Online Experience

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take a $40 bus ticket to Cincinnati Ohio.. buy your car and drive it home... lol I'm sure there is a closer state option.. Bottom line 2016 civic Car of the year.. ;)

Bottom line is it just seems like it all depends on where you live and if you hit the right dealer at the right time. Around my way, dealers seems to sell these cars as soon as they get them so they won't haggle. Sadly, it means I won't be buying a Civic.
Sponsored

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
Take a $40 bus ticket to Cincinnati Ohio.. buy your car and drive it home... lol I'm sure there is a closer state option.. Bottom line 2016 civic Car of the year.. ;)
Buying the car out of state can help if availability is driving different incentives. I actually did this comparison to see the change. In my case the only difference was 100 less. Not worth the trip for me. The bigger factor I was going for was the color. I hoped for cosmic blue touring but couldn't find one within three states. The other thing to look out for buying out of state is tax and insurance costs. Ohio requires a insurance added temporarily if you are out of state. It's not much but will raise it just under a bill. You also need to ask if the store applies home tax or your tax rate. If they only apply the home tax rate you will have to pony up the difference when plating. This can be huge. Ohio is 5.75 while Indiana is 7. If my loan was 25000, then That would be 312 added to your plates. If Considering my local plates are already high at 412 that is 728 I need to prepared for. Add the 100 in insurance they required and I'm at 828. If I lived in Kentucky they were 8%. That would be a additional 300. Making the plates a potential 1111 for a civic. Here is the big kicker. Ohio is not only cheaper on tax but allows a much larger tax right off (you get more back) but has straight plate costs. My plates were 25 per year 8 years ago. Oh the memories.

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
Reading people's experience contacting dealers directly, I'm a believer in using edmunds.com to get quotes. Dealers know you're getting quotes from multiple dealers; quoting MSRP is to lose before fighting. One of the Internet managers told me he needed to respond to these edmunds users instantly lest the potential buyer went with other dealer.
Sponsored