Haggling Price Online Experience

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't listen to this guy. He is a Honda salesman.. He is just trying to yank your chains into paying too much..
My local dealer priced a EXT at $20100 and a EXL at $21400 including destination +tax+title
Something that seems to be pretty common is people wanting to purchase a car at a loss to the dealer AND expect them to bend over backwards to do it...
If you find a dealer willing to price as low as BusyIzzy got, jump on it. Expecting every dealership to jump at the chance to take a loss on a car isn't very realistic though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
Honda Civic 10th gen Haggling Price Online Experience 24323hj

Don't listen to this guy. He is a Honda salesman.. He is just trying to yank your chains into paying too much..
My local dealer priced a EXT at $20100 and a EXL at $21400
Lol. Please point out where I gave any information that was incorrect.

Now you on the other hand were trying to send people to your dealership giving them a bogus cost... You don't really want to get into that again do you?

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
Lol. Please point out where I gave any information that was incorrect.

Now you on the other hand were trying to send people to your dealership giving them a bogus cost... You don't really want to get into that again do you?
I can second this one. I'm not a dealer but I do work for Honda. It is not my place to state our discounts, in fact it's unethical, but I can vouch that some claims represented in various posts had to result in a dealer loss. My suggestion is that we look to our MSRP, work with dealers on the best option, and avoid looking to others to always validate your purchase was a best deal. I am positive individuals on here haggled there way to a better deal than what I even got. But I'm pleased with my purchase and would do it again. Besides. As much as I hate the buying process and forking over major cash, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have my employer haggle with me every two weeks on my pay.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I was a mod I would ban you."Madoop" You joined purposely trolling. You work for a Honda dealer and are giving false info potential future Honda buyers. This thread is for buying customers only, not Honda Salesmen sour because we're giving out the the bottom pricing. Get a life and go lie cheat your next pay check. ;)

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And just because your a Honda employee and are discouraged because you have to pay invoice? Deal with it. Quit your job and work somewhere else. ;) and pay less.. it's not unethical to buy a car $2000 below invoice..

I can second this one. I'm not a dealer but I do work for Honda. It is not my place to state our discounts, in fact it's unethical, but I can vouch that some claims represented in various posts had to result in a dealer loss. My suggestion is that we look to our MSRP, work with dealers on the best option, and avoid looking to others to always validate your purchase was a best deal. I am positive individuals on here haggled there way to a better deal than what I even got. But I'm pleased with my purchase and would do it again. Besides. As much as I hate the buying process and forking over major cash, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have my employer haggle with me every two weeks on my pay.

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I was a mod I would ban you."Madoop" You joined purposely trolling. You work for a Honda dealer and are giving false info potential future Honda buyers. This thread is for buying customers only, not Honda Salesmen sour because we're giving out the the bottom pricing. Get a life and go lie cheat your next pay check. ;)

Probably why you aren't a mod. Why are you trolling to begin with? What are you adding to this conversation? LOL, like I really care about what price you pay for a car. Seriously, you need to actually think for a minute.

Like I said, you've already been busted lying about pricing. Do you get a kickback by sending people to Kings?

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And just because your a Honda employee and are discouraged because you have to pay invoice? Deal with it. Quit your job and work somewhere else. ;) and pay less.. it's not unethical to buy a car $2000 below invoice..
Who said that it was unethical? Do you have anything to add to the conversation?

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
Hmmmmmm. I am really not sure on what your intent is. I never stated my discount. I stated that I will not post it, as that would be unethical. As in signing a contract between my employer and myself that states I will not disclose said discounts with other parties. I am pretty certain that, yep just checked, that I stated I am very pleased with my purchase and would do it again. Hmmm. Pleased.....with purchase....would do it again. Nope. I am still not sure where you read into that as being discouraged. Or how leaving my employer would assist me in paying less. Or why you would think I want either. Are you suuuuuuure you are in sales? Because the way your spinning words I would swear you were in politics. Or a lawyer. Nope. Politics. The lawyer would have understood unethical. Or maybe the late night, don't care that I just woke you up at 11 past midnight, political poll analysis that asks the same darn questions with just a slight twist to validate there party. Sorry. I got squirreled. My point was to simply back up Ma_deuce in stating a fact. In some of these cases the Dealer is taking a loss. This is not even a bad thing. But the reality is that these deals are going to be a very small, probably single digit, percentage. But how many people come to these sites to research price only to be lead into thinking that they too should be able to get the same deal. Then said party gets frustrated like the cable guy that did not choose DirecTV. Its a perpetual cycle that normally just makes everyone angry. .......and as a point of reference. I happen to love my working for my Employer.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not even going to waste my time to read what you guys wrote.. seriously..

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Its pretty obvious some of these deals result in the dealer selling the car to take a loss on that particular sale. I don't think anyone in this thread is disputing that. I also don't think anyone is saying that's a bad thing, just that you shouldn't expect to receive the same deal when you go to buy your own car. Just because dealer A was willing to lose money on this one sale to this one person doesn't mean that every dealer everywhere is willing to do the same for everyone.

Nobody is saying it can't be done, they just said don't expect dealers to jump on it when you tell them you want them to lose money.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually the Honda salesmen are also trolling the main "What you paid thread" claiming us buying Honda customers are not telling the truth so new potential buyers are not educated of possible pricing that can and has been achieved. Ma-doop needs the ban.. He owns Ford and sell Honda.. lol

Its pretty obvious some of these deals result in the dealer selling the car to take a loss on that particular sale. I don't think anyone in this thread is disputing that. I also don't think anyone is saying that's a bad thing, just that you shouldn't expect to receive the same deal when you go to buy your own car. Just because dealer A was willing to lose money on this one sale to this one person doesn't mean that every dealer everywhere is willing to do the same for everyone.

Nobody is saying it can't be done, they just said don't expect dealers to jump on it when you tell them you want them to lose money.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I'm having trouble seeing why what he owns matters at all...

And how does what you just said affect the fact that dealers aren't going to jump at the opportunity to lose money? Some of them will make deals on occasion that do lose money, but they are few and far between and dealers aren't going to be itching to make that deal.

If you're going to argue, argue the actual topic on not just criticize the person you're arguing against, that's called ad hominem.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol Of course not every dealer is going to bend over. I contacted maybe 6 and only one would compete against Kings of Cincinnati Ohio. It's just information do what Eva the F??? You wanna dooooooooooooooooooo.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom line is it just seems like it all depends on where you live and if you hit the right dealer at the right time. Around my way, dealers seems to sell these cars as soon as they get them so they won't haggle. Sadly, it means I won't be buying a Civic.
Sponsored