Greeting from MeisterR Suspension. Coilovers in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
@MeisterR Thanks for the in-depth reply! Sounds intriguing. So is adjusting the softness of the ride and the ride hight something that an average consumer could do on their own? - i.e. doesn't require special tools or expertise and doesn't require us to take anything apart?
Ride height is a bit more complicated.
That should be set at the initial installation, and the car alignment should be set after.
Once ride height is set, you wouldn't be able to easily adjust it.

It will require the wheel to come off to adjust the suspension, then alignment set again as the value would change after the adjustment.
The main thing is you "CAN" set it to where you want it the first time.
And if you are mechanical minded, you can just change the ride height with the tools provided and a jack.
I lower the ride height on my S2000 when I was testing the prototype ZetaCRD coilovers in my garage using nothing by the spares tool kit from the car.
So it is do-able, and I am not very mechanical minded (I am the geek that sit behind computer screen and look at lots of pretty graph). :D

Damping adjustments on the other hand is dead easy.
It is just twisting a knob, clock wise to stiffen, counter clock wise to soften, and there is little clicks in the adjuster so you can make sure the left and the right side is the same.
The long as you can get to the knob at the the top of the damper, which is very easy on the front of the CivicX, and I haven't had a chance to see the rear.

I have attached a picture of what the damping adjustments looks like, it is the little red knob in the centre of the top mount.
This is for an FN2 Civic and i got a feeling the CivicX coilovers will look pretty similar to this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Greeting from MeisterR Suspension. Coilovers in development. {filename}

Jerrick
Sponsored

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
@MeisterR Thanks for the in-depth reply! Sounds intriguing. So is adjusting the softness of the ride and the ride hight something that an average consumer could do on their own? - i.e. doesn't require special tools or expertise and doesn't require us to take anything apart?
You literally turn a knob on the top of the shock tower under the hood to adjust stifness. It would take you longer to pop the hood than to adjust the shocks.

@MeisterR, I got a question, you think a 2" drop would be possible, while still retaining stock caster/camber capabilities?

OP
OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
You literally turn a knob on the top of the shock tower under the hood. It would take you longer to pop the hood than to adjust the shocks.
Until you lose count at the last few clicks when adjusting, and have to do it all over again. :)
Just to say, our damper is 32 step adjustable; for most road usage generally I expect customer to run around 15 to 20 clicks from full hard.
But as I have said, it is a personal preference.

I have a few customer who enjoy driving the car at full stiff.... My spine did not like that. :D

Jerrick

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Until you lose count at the last few clicks when adjusting, and have to do it all over again. :)
Just to say, our damper is 32 step adjustable; for most road usage generally I expect customer to run around 15 to 20 clicks from full hard.
But as I have said, it is a personal preference.

I have a few customer who enjoy driving the car at full stiff.... My spine did not like that. :D

Jerrick
Must have been an old EVO owner :3.

bartman201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic sedan EX-T
Country flag
Let me see if I can pull a set of two out of prototype, I can probably rush one over in 2 to 3 weeks time but no promises. (Don't like making promises I cannot keep)
But mass production will take a little longer, as I can't give the green light until I am happy with the prototype.

So if anyone is interested, and want to get coilovers on quick and give me some feedback.
I'll be happy to work something out.

Also, while I am here... anyone interested in Enkei wheels let me know. :)
I am the UK Enkei wheels distributor so we have a very good relationship with Enkei... and it is one of my favourite wheel brand.

Jerrick
let me know ill put them on test them and give you feedback. im already testing some products for mishimoto, i dont mind being a guinea pig....

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
It depends on which suspension we are talking about.
All of MeisterR suspension are engineered in our UK workshop with our in house R&D technical partner Black Art Design (B.A.D.)

Our ZetaCRD coilovers are manufactured oversea to MeisterR specification.
The CRD damper valving are engineered by us, the suspension specification are engineered by us, and our locking collars are engineered by us and have a UK patent pending status.
Non-disclosure agreement mean we cannot go into details of the production's who and where, but all stock are spot checked by us in our UK / USA workshop to ensure quality control of our build specification.

Honda Civic 10th gen Greeting from MeisterR Suspension. Coilovers in development. {filename}

Our GT1 coilovers could be classed as manufactured in the UK, but it is a grey area as every country have their own rules for classification of country of origin.
All the internals of the GT1 are CNC in house, and we are one of the few company in the suspension world that have ability to CNC our own seals.
The GT1 coilovers are hand build in the UK / USA workshop and are a collaboration between MeisterR and B.A.D.

Honda Civic 10th gen Greeting from MeisterR Suspension. Coilovers in development. GT1s

Hope that helps, it is a simple questions with a complex answer.
As many feel suspension that are manufactured in the same place are the same, but most time suspension are not created equal; especially when you have your own R&D department like MeisterR.

Jerrick
Jerrick,

Thanks for a detailed and clear response. I understand the NDA issues, I actually work in suspension engineering for Ford, so I'm all too familiar with those lol

The fact that you do most of the GT1 build and parts manufacturing in house is very impressive...I look forward to seeing both how they perform and how they hold up over time.

Cheers!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool, I see the spot where the front suspension could be adjusted easily but is there a way to easily adjust the rear ones as well? Or would this require additional steps to gain access to the rear coilovers?

OP
OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
Cool, I see the spot where the front suspension could be adjusted easily but is there a way to easily adjust the rear ones as well? Or would this require additional steps to gain access to the rear coilovers?
It will depends on access, as normally the rear there are loads of carpet in the way, etc.

Jerrick

OP
OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
Jerrick,

Thanks for a detailed and clear response. I understand the NDA issues, I actually work in suspension engineering for Ford, so I'm all too familiar with those lol

The fact that you do most of the GT1 build and parts manufacturing in house is very impressive...I look forward to seeing both how they perform and how they hold up over time.

Cheers!
If that is the case you will know all about the "K Factor" then. :p
Our partner actually have a very long working relationship with Millbrooks Proving Ground, and actually engineered a few suspension for OEM application before.

Here is a Ford that BAD was quite proud to work on with great result:

Honda Civic 10th gen Greeting from MeisterR Suspension. Coilovers in development. BAD1

Honda Civic 10th gen Greeting from MeisterR Suspension. Coilovers in development. BAD2

This is a Ford RS200 Pike Peaks Car.
One of 8 cars in the world to go up the peak in the 9 minute mark in 2013, the fastest privateer team, and 4th in the unlimited class following 3 factory works team driven by world champion drivers. :)

It was impressive result.

Jerrick

bmcqueen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Let me see if I can pull a set of two out of prototype, I can probably rush one over in 2 to 3 weeks time but no promises. (Don't like making promises I cannot keep)
But mass production will take a little longer, as I can't give the green light until I am happy with the prototype.

So if anyone is interested, and want to get coilovers on quick and give me some feedback.
I'll be happy to work something out.

Also, while I am here... anyone interested in Enkei wheels let me know. :)
I am the UK Enkei wheels distributor so we have a very good relationship with Enkei... and it is one of my favourite wheel brand.

Jerrick

I would like to join if there is room for another CIVIC!!!

enufced904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Jerrick - this may be too early in the process to answer, but what do you estimate the cost plus shipping will be?

Civ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'd bet $900-$1100.

I have been doing some reading about MeisterR and their products being used on other cars, and have come away impressed. People seem to really like their coilovers. I am definitely in line for these.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.