Got sideswiped

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I was pulling out of a parking space about 30 feet from an intersection when a Ford came around the bend and rammed me just forward of my driver's side wheel well. Damage includes left side wheel well, right side wheel well panel, and front bumper.

Doesn't look totaled to me, but it's definitely not gonna buff out. Any ideas what I'm looking at for repair? I've got collision insurance, so I'll be good, mostly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Got sideswiped accident1

Honda Civic 10th gen Got sideswiped accident2

Honda Civic 10th gen Got sideswiped accident3

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I was pulling out of a parking space about 30 feet from an intersection when a Ford came around the bend and rammed me just forward of my driver's side wheel well. Damage includes left side wheel well, right side wheel well panel, and front bumper.

Doesn't look totaled to me, but it's definitely not gonna buff out. Any ideas what I'm looking at for repair? I've got collision insurance, so I'll be good, mostly.

accident1.jpg

accident2.jpg

accident3.jpg
just go through his insurance.... and make sure they use the good paint....

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably not totalled but this hurts so much to see... Sorry about the car buddy.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If he hit you on the driver's side, how did the passenger side get damaged?
Yeah, I'm confused myself. I can't picture how this happened mentally.

Luckily it looks like the hood wasn't damaged, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have to replace the bumper cover too, which is always not $$$ cheap.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Well, make sure they check the entire front end out, at the least...

Or that's just HOW thin the panels are!

"Damned bitch rear-ended me... And the hood and front fenders bent!!!" ;)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got slammed into a parked car on my right.
Damn, that sucks :(

I'd guestimate $3k-$4k, I had this happen on my previous car a few years back, was sideswiped but only on one side and it was roughly $1800. The front right quarter panel was replaced and they had to repair a little bit of scratching on the wheel. If they end up doing the bumper cover vs. somehow getting those scratches out it could be a bit higher.

SH@UN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just go through his insurance.... and make sure they use the good paint....
Who said it was the other guys fault? He could have been driving correctly when the OP pulled out in front of HIM. Last time I checked, people driving down the road didn't have to yield to people pulling out of parking spaces.

Yeah OP, that sucks. $3-4 k sounds about right. About $2k if you can do the work yourself.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like a Civic driver would ever be at fault with something like that! Right? Spin? Right? ;)

Blame Honda for not including sensors or a camera on the driver's side!
I had a 328i rental for a week on vacation recently. Had the full front and rear parking sensor package, I could have parked the damn thing with my eyes closed.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Who said it was the other guys fault? He could have been driving correctly when the OP pulled out in front of HIM. Last time I checked, people driving down the road didn't have to yield to people pulling out of parking spaces.

Yeah OP, that sucks. $3-4 k sounds about right. About $2k if you can do the work yourself.
haha sorry I didn't even read what had happened :doh: yeah i guess OP has to go through his insurance... goodluck anyway

OP
OP
Spinner

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
The insurance companies of all parties are pinning it on the Ford driver right now. My EX-T is in the shop for god knows how long. I'll post pics of before/after when I get my car back.

In the meantime, Geico gave me this monster.

Honda Civic 10th gen Got sideswiped image

SH@UN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would have been funny and ironic if they would have given you a Ford truck instead of a Dodge as a loaner.

OP
OP
Spinner

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
It would have been funny and ironic if they would have given you a Ford truck instead of a Dodge as a loaner.
I think it's ironic enough that I went from a compact car with 42 mpg highway to a half-ton pickup I can hardly park with 20 mpg highway. :confused1:

Oddly, I did drive a Ford Fusion (the same kind of car that hit me) a month ago when I was out in Wyoming for a week. In that instance and this, it made me dearly miss my Civic.
Sponsored