Paid Less, Got More ?

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
all the guys saying is he may have avoided some issues with the base car. Mine is even more base than his. Mine is his car with an MT instead of the CVT. And the NA 2.0. As far as I can tell after driving mine for six months, it seems like a perfect car.
The higher trim owners don't want to hear that. They paid thousands more for extra tech and Best Buy accessories that are mostly unneeded in a vehicle.

The base model is really all we need. The other stuff is just d*ck measuring.
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the trashing isn't because of his choice of getting an LX. It really has nothing to do with that. Its because it's so blatantly obvious that he's a forum member that was banned for constantly trolling members who drove manuals and upper trims and now he's come back with a second account to continue doing it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the thing guys. The OP was simply saying he's avoiding some of the known issues with some of the tech of the new Civic higher trims. Why get so defensive? Fact is, I've rarely seen this many issues on a car, even a new generation design. Honda is taking a bit of a beating on the reliability of the cars. I think a lot of it has to also do with the quality control (or lack thereof) at the plant level. Those huge panel gaps, loose leather on the seats, falling off 3rd brake lights etc. are stuff you'd expect on a junker not a Honda. It's clear there's a problem here.

As far as the OP being Steve... why do you think that? Steve was 100% about praising the CVT 100% of the time. It's as if you guys think someone else couldn't enjoy the fact they own a basic (and probably more reliable) base model other than Steve. Geez.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The higher trim owners don't want to hear that. They paid thousands more for extra tech and Best Buy accessories that are mostly unneeded in a vehicle.

The base model is really all we need. The other stuff is just d*ck measuring.
Lol, I've driven base model cars all my life, upgraded this time. Keep telling yourself all that extra tech is useless.

'16 LX base with CVT. No Infotainment and associated issues. No rain sensing and associated issues. Intermittent wiper setting. Intuitive volume KNOB with push on-off. Parking brake works anytime every time. No remote start with associated issues. Smaller NON-touch NON-scratch screen BUT plenty adequate for this model. Contented sigh ...
Volume knob? You must not have a touch screen phone in that case. Tech will keep marching forward. Buy what you can afford, not faulting you for that. But erroneously trying to say that your old tech is superior is 100% subjective. I have an ex-t and have had literally 0 issues. Not cvt surge, no infotainment issues, no parking brake issues. Nothing wrong at all. You can't go by these forums for how common issues are. How many registered members here vs how many civics sold?

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Semantics. If you find it unneeded than it is useless to you.
I wanted a Honda Civic - not a Honda Civic aspiring to be an Acura or something else.

That's just my two cents.

I got what I wanted and you got what you wanted.

We all win.

The only thing that bugs me about the LX is lack of alloy wheels, but I've taken care of that post-purchase.

If the the EX-T, EX-L and Touring made 250hp or better with the turbo, then I would have went with higher trim. The HP difference is nominal IMO.

OP
OP
andromeda

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Volume knob? You must not have a touch screen phone in that case.[/QUOTE]

Right you are, I don't.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Volume knob? You must not have a touch screen phone in that case.

Right you are, I don't.
Ah, new tech is evil huh? Should we still be burning good old reliable coal for power generation too? Lol, get with the times cause they aren't slowing down.

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Only reason I'm looking at an LX over an EX is the two features I really miss can be added on (fog lights, remote start). The other features I can live without.
I am still considering an EX (despite all the "numerous problems"). I can afford it and do have an interest in the extra goodies... but that lack of volume knob is intolerable (sarcasm).

OP
OP
andromeda

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Ah, new tech is evil huh?
Certainly didn't say that.

[/QUOTE] Should we still be burning good old reliable coal for power generation too?[/QUOTE]

No, what we should be doing is developing safe nuclear power. France e.g.is 75% nuclear.

Last edited:

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Certainly didn't say that.

Should we still be burning good old reliable coal for power generation too?

No, what we should be doing is developing safe nuclear power. France e.g.is 85% nuclear.
Baby boomer located. Wind and solar. Scotland is near 100% wind, it blows by all day long for free. I'm currently at the top of a wind turbine. We are from different eras and will literally never see eye to eye on anything.

Edit: nuclear is not clean, ask anyone who lives near a nuclear waste dumpsite. Ground water ruined which in turn destroys the local Eco system. Nuclear is not safe, ever hear of Fukushima? It's still leaking radiation into the Pacific.

OP
OP
andromeda

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
[QUOTE Scotland is near 100% wind, it blows by all day long for free.[/QUOTE]

Are serious ? Please provide reference.