First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bout time to let this Honda bashing die.
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This whole thread never made much sense to me. You aren't comparing cars of similar price. You are comparing at its max value a 26k Honda Civic to a 37k BMW. For 11k you get a whole lot more of a car. It's like ordering a $50 dollar steak and then ordering a $75 steak and complaining that the $50 steak is much worse than $75 one. *** edit to reflect CPO ***

Last edited:
OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
This whole thread never made much sense to me. You aren't comparing cars of similar price. You are comparing at its max value a 26k Honda Civic to a 37k BMW. For 11k you get a whole lot more of a car. It's like ordering a $50 dollar steak and then ordering a $75 steak and complaining that the $50 steak is much worse than $75 one. Not to mention insurance... and also cost to maintain in a 5 year period of 30k vs 48k.
I guess you didn't bother reading the thread at all. And BTW my insurance actually dropped with BMW.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess you didn't bother reading the thread at all. And BTW my insurance actually dropped with BMW.
My comment remains valid regardless of the fact you point out that you didn't "pay" that much.

***edited to reflect CPO ***

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My comment remains valid regardless of the fact you point out that you didn't "pay" that much.

Not going to argue detailed specifics because from looking at the thread in general you don't seem the type to bother arguing much with facts and data.

However one final tidbit I wanted to mention is that in regards to insurance dropping, I would really doubt such thing would occur. If you bought a brand new Civic vs brand new 328i at the same time there is no way insurance is cheaper on the BMW. There are other factors that have changed in regards to when you purchased your insurance with the Civic vs when you purchased the BMW which lead you to pay less if you did at all.
I'll say it again, you haven't read the thread. I purchased a CPO BMW.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll say it again, you haven't read the thread. I purchased a CPO BMW.
Ah missed the CPO. My bad. However, still doesn't make sense to be comparing the quality of a 37k car vs 26k car.

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah missed the CPO. My bad. However, still doesn't make sense to be comparing the quality of a 37k car vs 26k car.
I am comparing cars that cost me almost exactly the the same amount. That was my point. For the same money you can get much more car with maintenance and warranty. And this isn't even about a BMW, that's just the path I ended up taking. I was just saying that for 25k there are better options than the civic with its poor build quality.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am comparing cars that cost me almost exactly the the same amount. That was my point. For the same money you can get much more car with maintenance and warranty. And this isn't even about a BMW, that's just the path I ended up taking. I was just saying that for 25k there are better options than the civic with its poor build quality.
Hm you aren't making a fair comparison because you are merely comparing the cost. There are other factors you aren't considering in the equation. You can't compare a new car to a used car regardless of it is is CPO or not. You buy a brand new house that is 500k vs a old house that went down to 500k. Are they the same? You can't really make a true comparison. Is the new 500k house really better or worse than the 500k older house?

Not defending the Civic or bashing on the Beemer. Just a principle issue I see here.

ajacks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Koz McBloo 2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
This entire thread is silly. Regardless of CPO BMWs or not. Your experience, while I value it as your experience and is completely valid, is simply not the experience of the majority of us. I have to wonder if there aren't similar threads on the BMW 328i forums that rival this one because of some people who've had the misfortune of the combo of a bad apple and a bad dealership.
I love my Touring and haven't had any issues whatsoever, except for the subwoofer rattle which the dealership promptly fixed and the head of the service department handled it personally. This is a great car for the MSRP and class. To be fair, infotainment and audio issues could have been more thought out, but mine works fine, including Apple CarPlay, my engine works great, no startling strange noise on startup, quiet ride, sensing is working well (except for the rain-sensing wipers, that is kind of lame). All in all though I have to say I feel I got a bargain, comparatively.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
I've had my '16 Touring coupe only 3 weeks. Manufacture date of 9/16. Have had zero problems and considering the discount off MSRP I got, I think of it as an economical luxury car. So much to love about it and nothing has made it to my hate list (still waiting for a rain LOL). I'm thinking that kinks have been ironed out in the months it's been out. No subwoofer rattle (had my salesperson check that at delivery); no infotainment issues. Once in a while the walk-away door lock beeps it's confused, but at least I know the doors aren't locked. And it's so good-looking!
Sponsored

Last edited: