Got rid of my touring coupe!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Subaru BRZ
No. that's one of my main concerns. It's very embarrassing when you start your new car and it's grinding. People would think if they weren't looking that it was an old beat up junker starting up not a 2016. And who knows what kind of mechanical damage it's doing. I brought it to the dealer and left it there all day and they couldn't duplicate it. I showed the tech working on my car the video to. They called me to pick up the car 6 hours later and when I went to the car and remote started it it made a very loud grind. No one but me was around to hear it.

Very disappointed with this car. People may be very happy when they first get the car but a few months down the line when things start settling (that's the dealers excuse) and everything starts buzzing, rattling, clicking, creeping, grinding they will see the people here with issues weren't just talking shit.
Does that noise happen to you every time or often? Happened to me once on a warm-start.
Sponsored

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
It is not a comparison, it is a point I am trying to make. You can get a much better car for the same money.
I see your point but i guess my real question would be why did you purchase a 1st year model refresh if you had the funds to buy a Certified Lexus, BMW etc? I mean you couldn't have expected Honda to make a 100% issue free car right out the gates. I mean even higher end cars have their pitfalls first year out.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does that noise happen to you every time or often? Happened to me once on a warm-start.
It doesn't happen to often for me reason being is because I go to work and the car sits for 8 hours. And then other times I'm in and out of places within 30 minutes so either there's too much time in between or not enough time in between to get the grinding but every once in a while I get it.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
No. that's one of my main concerns. It's very embarrassing when you start your new car and it's grinding. People would think if they weren't looking that it was an old beat up junker starting up not a 2016. And who knows what kind of mechanical damage it's doing. I brought it to the dealer and left it there all day and they couldn't duplicate it. I showed the tech working on my car the video to. They called me to pick up the car 6 hours later and when I went to the car and remote started it it made a very loud grind. No one but me was around to hear it.

Very disappointed with this car. People may be very happy when they first get the car but a few months down the line when things start settling (that's the dealers excuse) and everything starts buzzing, rattling, clicking, creeking, grinding they will see the people here with issues weren't just talking shit.
Haha reminds me of yesterday when I was half a block from my car and I autostarted it and there was a group of people beside it. It started grinding so loud that they had to back away :D

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
I see your point but i guess my real question would be why did you purchase a 1st year model refresh if you had the funds to buy a Certified Lexus, BMW etc? I mean you couldn't have expected Honda to make a 100% issue free car right out the gates. I mean even higher end cars have their pitfalls first year out.
Well the point is the funds are the same for both cars. I liked the looks of the Civic coupe, the Honda sensing, Android auto, etc... I just expected the car to live up to the quality I assumed Honda was known for. I 100% made a stupid mistake buying the Civic, and I took a loss 6 months later. But I am happy taking the loss and being in a car I actually enjoy driving.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Well the point is the funds are the same for both cars. I liked the looks of the Civic coupe, the Honda sensing, Android auto, etc... I just expected the car to live up to the quality I assumed Honda was known for. I 100% made a stupid mistake buying the Civic, and I took a loss 6 months later. But I am happy taking the loss and being in a car I actually enjoy driving.
Lured by the best looking girl, but didn't know she'd turn psycho.

pookscivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Yikes... I've never regretted buying a car more than this Civic. I purchased a '15 Odyssey 6 months after the Civic - LOVE IT! That's the Honda I know and love. All of my issues revolve around the radio + CarPlay, and that being the main reason I purchased the '16 over the '15. Big mistake. Glad I'm not having all of the issues in this thread... yet.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Damn shame to see so many people regretting their purchases. I don't really experience the audio issues because i don't use android auto at all i just use bluetooth. I can see how this would be a let down for many that bought the car based off this feature. I'm very content with mine and will probably keep the car for the next 5-6 years after which i am planning on getting into a Pre-Owned Charger Scat Pack or Chevy SS.

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
Yikes... I've never regretted buying a car more than this Civic. I purchased a '15 Odyssey 6 months after the Civic - LOVE IT! That's the Honda I know and love. All of my issues revolve around the radio + CarPlay, and that being the main reason I purchased the '16 over the '15. Big mistake. Glad I'm not having all of the issues in this thread... yet.
My girlfriend bought a 2016 CRV a few weeks after I got the Civic, and her car is great. No rattles or squeaks
Damn shame to see so many people regretting their purchases. I don't really experience the audio issues because i don't use android auto at all i just use bluetooth. I can see how this would be a let down for many that bought the car based off this feature. I'm very content with mine and will probably keep the car for the next 5-6 years after which i am planning on getting into a Pre-Owned Charger Scat Pack or Chevy SS.
Actually Android auto was the one thing that worked great and I really enjoyed using. I use google maps daily, so it was great having it in the dash.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha reminds me of yesterday when I was half a block from my car and I autostarted it and there was a group of people beside it. It started grinding so loud that they had to back away :D
I'd be so embarrassed getting into after that lol. They probably thought the thing was going to explode.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The charger scat packs are so awesome.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I wonder how many people are blaming car play and android auto issues on their car when it is really their phone. I write software 8 hours a day so I can pick up on these things better than most. I can tell most of the connectivity issues are when the CPU on the phone is pegged, its doing a lot of swapping, its low on memory, I configured it to do something stupid, or its being unresponsive. Its not the head unit. Once in a while the side mirror will stop working until I restart. That is the head unit. I have 0 issues that aren't related to the head unit. I've never had an odd noise come from under the engine. My car was made in the US during the summer so they newer models might have the kinks worked out. My car is very quiet as well. I really love the self driving features. Can your BMW drive itself?

Last edited:

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I have a '14 BMW 328i (with almost all options) and a '16 Touring Coupe. I really, really like them both. I would never sell my new Civic - it has < 5K miles on it - only issue I've had is the rear brake light cover problem, which, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that bad.
Sponsored