Got backed into!

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
Vehicle Showcase
I was visiting family over the weekend and my dad had backed into my car! Im going to the shop tomorrow to get a quote. What do you guys think the shop will quote me?
Honda Civic 10th gen Got backed into! 20161211_132623
Honda Civic 10th gen Got backed into! 20161211_132631

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They will either pull and body fill the dent, or replace the door. Then they will have to paint and blend the front door, side skirts, and rear quarter panel.

That sucks man.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, that sucks, they'll prolly do the whole door. At least it was family who did it, no issue of fault and no one really gets mad...

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
they may be able to replace the door skin, however i would ask them for a door shell as a new shell will be facotry sealed inside/out. and as stated blend the front door, rear door and de trim the car for proper paint work/adhession. they should also be removing the rocker panel, the roof moulding, tail light and rear bumper cover. I manage a body shop and this is the best way IMO to return the car to the absolute best pre accident condition. However the insurance companies typically do not pay to fully remove bumpers for blend, remove glass if they "feel" it can be masked/roped off and they won't pay to clear wrap your roof pillar, the pillar would be blended in most cases an untrained eye would never notice. however over time clear blends tend to fade and or peel if not done correctly. by removing all the moulding/trim/glass there should be absolutly no "tape" lines to be seen anywhere. Best of luck, I'd personally avoid any shops that the insurance company tries to "steer/suggest" you go to. reason being is they work under the insurance companies "guidelines" which for the most part are decent if its a good insurance company and not a sub-standard insurance company. any questions feel free to DM me i'd be happy to give you my advise if your interested.
Sponsored