First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
@kevv_FK8

Yeah, I do believe that depending upon circumstances, most police will let you walk especially if it is the first time with no priors. Perhaps he thought it was a good opportunity to teach a lesson, and I guess it worked.

My very first pull over, I was late for class for college, driving a Buick Skylark (my first car) and flying down a country road, 95 in a 55, and came over a hill and a sheriff was passing in the opposite direction. Even before he put his lights on and turned around I was already pulled over, I knew I was busted. This may have saved me. He told me he could take me to jail for reckless driving, slow down, etc, and gave me a ticket for 80 in a 55. Was still expensive, but I did make sure to slow down a lot after that! Young and stupid...
Sponsored

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
I was 18 and driving my black with orange striping 1979 Chevy Camaro Z28. I was not speeding and saw him up ahead sitting in the median and clocking cars. Well, a couple miles down the road he came flying up and pulled me over and said I was going 70 in a 55, which was a total lie. I was totally respectful and disagreed and he said he would show me the gun, which he did. I'm 100% certain he hung back until he could clock someone going the other way at 70 and gave me a ticket. Nothing I could do and it's the only speeding ticket I've ever received in 40 years of driving.

The 2nd ticket I received was taking a right turn around an accident at an intersection. She was an IL State Trooper and wrote me a ticket for illegal lane usage, which was total BS. At the time I was going through a divorce and my attorney was well connected at the courthouse and got it fixed. I later found out that that trooper was arrested and lost her job for writing bogus tickets.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
This was so old I almost forgot about it.
My wife, my one year old son, and I lived in California, but both had family back East (MA and PA).
In the Summer of 1972 we piled into my Datsun 510 and headed east for vacation. That part all went well. We had good family visits in both states.
While we were in MA, however, I sold the Datsun and bought a 6-cylinder BMW, a Bavaria. Good family car.
We probably should have started back sooner, but we didn't and we only had three days before I had to return to work. I was only 25 at the time and could easily drive 16 hours a day, so I wasn't too worried.
Did I mention that my mother decided she'd like to go with us. No? Well, she did. She was only 47 at the time, so it wasn't like she was infirm or anything.
We drove through the eastern half of the country with no drama and stayed the night in Oklahoma City. The plan was to hit the road early to get home to CA, or at least most of the way.
We got started so early that the hotel dining room wasn't open. On RT. 40 there were (are?) Stuckey's restaurants all along it. We planned to stop at one for breakfast.
So, I cranked the BMW up to 110-120 and headed west. I'm sure it's different now, but back then there was no traffic on 40, and it's straight, very straight. Also, the east and westbound lanes had lots of land between them.
After a while I saw a state police car going the other way. It was some 440 Cubic inch Chrysler product. I thought for a second and couldn't remember a crossover where he could turn around and come after us. So, I just kept my speed.
A few miles and about 15 minutes later, we reached a Stuckey's and took the long sweeping off-ramp to stop there. It was not yet open.
So, back onto the long sweeping on-ramp.
Just as I started to merge onto the highway, I could see about a mile back was a state cop, with lots of lights flashing. It seems he did find a way to cross over to my direction, but a long way behind me.
So, I just kept my merge speed which was 85. Speed limit was 80. The cop was closing VERY fast.
When he got about 200 yards behind, he realized who was in front of him and got all over the brakes. The front end of his car just about bit into the pavement. He followed for a short distance and pulled me over.
So, he came up to my door, looks in the car and sees, me, my wife, my mother, and a baby, all behaving like "What's wrong, Officer?"
He said, "I just clocked you at 85 in an 80." Then, "But, you were going a lot faster back there, weren't you?" I kind of shrugged, and mumbled something like "maybe".
So, he took my papers and sat in his car for a few minutes talking on his radio. He came back and said "I gave you a warning for going 85 in an 80, but you need to slow down." At this point I figured he was going to tell me the standard spiel about how going faster doesn't get you there any sooner.
He didn't. He said, "Because if you don't you're going to be in jail."

We did get back in time for me to not miss work.

OP
OP

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@MoodySara

Please tell me it was a police car with the old single light or at least the two revolving lights on either side of the car! That was probably more the 60s than 70s. I think by that point they did have the bulkier roof lights like on the dukes of hazzard. Brings me back to the police car movies and shows I would watch as a kid...

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
@MoodySara

Please tell me it was a police car with the old single light or at least the two revolving lights on either side of the car! That was probably more the 60s than 70s. I think by that point they did have the bulkier roof lights like on the dukes of hazzard. Brings me back to the police car movies and shows I would watch as a kid...
It had two lights like the old singles, but one on each end of a roof bar.

Interpol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I'm still daily driving my FK8 while it is waiting to be sold. I was traveling on a highway, I-65 specifically, between Lafayette, IN and route 25. Anyways, I sped past an unmarked state trooper truck and drastically switched lanes on I-65 to take the Delphi, 25 exit. I was late for work from a doctor's appt and, yes, I was speeding a bit. So I take the exit off I-65 and continue onto 25 thru a circle (roundabout as others call it). After about a minute, a truck comes flying up behind me, and as soon as I saw the extra little light on the drivers side window I knew and I started to slow. He turned on his lights and pulled me over and him and another officer stepped out and come up to the car.

They explain to me it took them to 108 mph to catch me, (I was not doing that speed but due to my maneuvering around the corner and subsequent circle I can take these much faster than they can) and that I was veering across lanes on the highway, which I admitted to.

I happened to mention I was looking to sell the car and the officer in charge said "What and burn it up before then?" I almost laughed...I said "Oh, it can do much, much more than you saw. It is stock and the fastest Honda line produced with 306 hp." He seemed shocked and said "Really!?"

I just thought I would share this, as I considered it funny that the officer thought I was going to damage my civic by running it fast and aggressively. In the end, he was really nice and let me go with a warning. Said he was a "car guy" and complimented the car after. I waved as I left the side of the road.

So I want to ask, what funny police interactions have any of you had? Heh....

I've had all good interactions with cops so far. They seem to appreciate the car.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have not yet had a police interaction while driving my FK8.
That's a very different story from when I had a Subaru WRX, a red one.
In the WRX, I got stopped four times in the first month I owned it. None of those resulted in a ticket.
One of them was kind of funny.
I was on a two-lane road where the speed limit was 55 MPH. There's also a traffic circle at one point where the speed limit is 55 going in and 50 coming out. The limit 'in' the circle is 30.
It was early, maybe 6AM, when I went through the circle. I didn't slow to 30, instead a little over 40. As I left it, I saw a local cop just entering from the left side. He went around the circle and followed me for a very short distance and put on his lights. He came up to my window, looked at me, and kind of stepped back a little. He said, "I didn't expect to see you in this car. Usually they're driven by young hooligans." I was 70 then.
Lol I'm 63 and it's always funny when cute young girls looook over at my car to see who's driving it and I see the look on their face when they see this old bald guy. I just grin and wave and wish I were young again at that moment.....this old world hasn't changed a bit, and neither have young girls!

OP
OP

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol I'm 63 and it's always funny when cute young girls looook over at my car to see who's driving it and I see the look on their face when they see this old bald guy. I just grin and wave and wish I were young again at that moment.....this old world hasn't changed a bit, and neither have young girls!
I live in a college town and you are 100% correct!

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was doing about 75 on a 65 interstate in the si. A truck came up on me and started to tailgate me like 5 feet behind at 75. I put up with it about 5 seconds and dropped from 6th to 4th and floored it. I put a big gap on him and the lights came on, it was a police truck!

He came up to the window and said "What are you doing? I wasn't trying to race you!" I said man I thought you were a truck tailgating me giving me a hard time so I was trying to put a gap on you. He said he was just getting on me to tell me I was doing about 10 over. He said "you've got all red interior lights?" I said yeah so I don't go light blind at night. He said "Hell yeah I've got red lights in my cruiser too! Let me run you and I'll be right back" that was only the second time I ever got let off with a warning. Every other time they do me dirty.

offwhitefk8

First Name
Yoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Where is this happening?

It's always grown men and teenage boys eyeing up my FK8 🤣

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just remembered there was a third time I got a warning. I was on the interstate that goes into the city at night. My head gasket had just blown for the first time and I was trying to reproduce the misfires to see what was going on. I was probably doing 90+ and knew I was fked.

Sheriff came up and I started the conversation before he even said anything. I said I'm really sorry officer, my car is misfiring and not running right and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. He said looks like it was running great to me! I said no, it's really not, look at the knock and fuel trims and pointed at the head unit with tunerview. He asked if it was tuned and I replied yeah on E85. He said yeah I didn't have good luck tuning the busa on E85. I immediately realized who he was, I have a turbo busa also and see him at races. Actually know him pretty well. I said omg I'm so sorry Al, I wasn't trying to be a jackass. He laughed and said take it somewhere else, not on the interstate here. Lucky night!

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Where is this happening?

It's always grown men and teenage boys eyeing up my FK8 🤣
I work and drive around UCF (University of Central Florida) the population is larger than a lot of cities here in the US (66K) this year, so it happens occasionally. The odds are in my favor.

RiotKing

Riot Crew Racing [President-Tx Ch-Founding Member]
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I have many many...Videos if anyones interested...I was considering of making a compilation of the assorted purposeful "being an ass" status and getting away with everything from racing (117 in a 65), deliberately running on my brithday and getting off, and the list goes on...
Sponsored