Free 2 month trial of SiriusXM

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I got the $30 six month deal. I'm with all of you with regards to pricing. It's just not worth more than $6 or so per month. I do like Sirius over streaming with regards to the signal. It never skips and in remote areas there is no problem with reception.
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Once upon a time I though having Sirius or XM in the car would be the best thing ever. But today, with CarPlay and a phone and all sorts of streaming apps, plus thousands of podcasts you can pre-download or stream, I don't really see the need for it.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Once upon a time I though having Sirius or XM in the car would be the best thing ever. But today, with CarPlay and a phone and all sorts of streaming apps, plus thousands of podcasts you can pre-download or stream, I don't really see the need for it.
I like it because I don't have unlimited data on my phone. If I did this wouldn't even be a question.

Mark my words, they won't be getting more than $100/ year out of me. That's worth it for as much as I use XM. But just so.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I got the $30 six month deal. I'm with all of you with regards to pricing. It's just not worth more than $6 or so per month. I do like Sirius over streaming with regards to the signal. It never skips and in remote areas there is no problem with reception.
This, and maybe I'm doing it wrong but I can't seem to find only the music I want to hear on any of the streaming services. I like the randomness and easy of Sirius, just like terrestrial radio. True the sound quality isn't great.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My 3 month free subscription ends in a few days. I went on the website and they had a few different special offers. 6 months for $29.99 or a year for $99.

I called and was able to secure the year rate for $99 (came to $119 with taxes/fees). However, I had a prorated credit on my account due to cancelling the service early on the car I traded in, so I only ended up paying $69 for the year. That's totally worth it to me.

In another thread, people were saying that Sirius wasn't willing to negotiate. I have always been able to get them to keep my annual rate between $89-$99 (typically the latter) by calling and selecting the option to cancel (just letting them know that I can't justify paying more given the repetitive music they play and the multiple free music options out there). They've always caved.

It's also worth noting that even though I am a long-time subscriber (since 2010), because the 2016 was a new car and I had the three month free trial, I was eligible for the promotion, which DEFINITELY surprised me.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Why not just get the $30 for 6 months and renew it, so $60 a year?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Why not just get the $30 for 6 months and renew it, so $60 a year?
They've cracked down on discounting renewal rates lately. And the less negotiating I have to do the better.

Remember, those rates are "technically" only promo specials for renewing a trial subscription and are typically 50% of what they charge.

I've been playing their game for five years. The less often greasing of the wheel I have to do, the better.
Sponsored