Found perfect way to clean windows

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just wanted to share something that worked well for me. In the past I always used store bought products and they left streaks. On my new Civic I took a damp microfiber towel and applied white vinegar to it. I used one hand to clean the window. Immediately after cleaning, use your other hand to dry with another microfiber towel.
Sponsored

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2007 Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apparently you can clay bar your windows, Griots seems to think it is a great idea so im gonna give it a try

afkrejci90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT - 02 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I've used Nu Finish, rids water spots like vinegar does but leaves a smooth finish that makes water bead off.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Yup, vinegar also works to get rid of those pesky water spots on the paint too! Just make sure to rinse off throughly with water after vinegar cause it’s acidic.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Just wanted to share something that worked well for me. In the past I always used store bought products and they left streaks. On my new Civic I took a damp microfiber towel and applied white vinegar to it. I used one hand to clean the window. Immediately after cleaning, use your other hand to dry with another microfiber towel.
Ill either use water or a water/vinegar mix to clean the windows inside the car and then buff dry with another microfiber. Similar to what you use. I have never had luck with any cleaning chemicals or newspaper etc.

Everyone is talking about the outside of the car, this is meant for the inside.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Depends on your car and if you are applying to the inside or outside. Vinegar will cause window tint to change color

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A little soap and microfibers work ok. For baked on spots, clay is great.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been using the newspaper technique for years since my days with the Mk1 Golf GTi. It’s a great method and gets the glass streak free inside and out. I used it on the inside of the rear window of my civic sedan last year and only needed to do it once for the year. I do like the idea of the clay, just not sure I’d need it on my new glass as I’ve only had the Si for 4days lol. Eager to try it though.
Mike

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I’ve been using the newspaper technique for years since my days with the Mk1 Golf GTi. It’s a great method and gets the glass streak free inside and out. I used it on the inside of the rear window of my civic sedan last year and only needed to do it once for the year. I do like the idea of the clay, just not sure I’d need it on my new glass as I’ve only had the Si for 4days lol. Eager to try it though.
Mike
Why not? I usually clay once a year after winter and I use the same clay bar for the windows. It would take an additional 10 minutes!
However, I never use clay for the interior, not sure how the clay reacts to the tints.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
sorry for the noob question but am confused on the chronological order of claying and waxing. Is the below the right steps?

wash—->dry—>clay—->wax?
Sponsored