mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2.0
Country flag
I am just going to say from the start that I already know all the hate out there for the 2.0 NA and boosting them but I don’t want to just trade for an SI and I’m not looking to make a full blown race car out of it. Long story short..just humor me for a min, would I be able to get forged pistons and rods for my engine? Can I use some from a different K20? Would I have to have them made or is there an option out there? I know if I’m going to do the turbo route I’m going to beef up the injectors pump the whole fuel system to support ethanol and beef up the engine internals before I just blow it up. I also plan on doing stand alone ECU and build the trans so yes it’ll cost a lot and yes there’s cheaper easier options but that’s not in my plans I just wish to make educated parts purchases and make this thing work in the end.
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Anything is possible when you throw money at it so what you're after isn't necessarily impossible but it's just going to be pretty damn expensive. As far as I know there are no market offerings for forged internals on the K20C2. Some people are under the impression that the K20C1 (type R motor) and C2 share internals but that is false the only thing they really share is the same basic block, bore, and stroke. Everything else is different so unfortunately you couldn't exactly transfer parts over. And in comparison to other K-series engines, the answer is the same.

Basically, if you're after forged internals then it will have to be a custom job done by someone reputable. Not sure if you're eventually trying to turbo your car but that job would also have to be completely custom as there are no forced induction options out there for the K20C2. Then adding that to the standalone ecu + tuning you'll be overhauling pretty much every aspect of the car. So if you plan on upgrading internals and putting some boost on it, you should plan on it being a completely custom job. One guy did it here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/first-boosted-k20c2.39278/page-1 in an albeit extremely controversial thread that had to get locked but there are tidbits of information on there.

Bottom line, the job you're looking at would cost 10 grand easily judging from what i've seen. Not here to hate as a fellow K20C2 owner here but i'm just stating the facts. I know you said you don't want to trade which is fine but I am gonna say that for all the money you would spend on this car, the reliability would be obviously questionable and the gain would also probably not be worth it for that kind of money (in my opinion). For the money that you would be spending, you could very easily find a better more powerful car that isn't necessarily a Honda so keep that in mind.

Also if you're interested, the current mods out there for the K20C2 include the KTuner tune for 2.0 engines which i'm using right now and it's amazing. Then there's the RV6 catted/non-catted downpipe and various intakes. That's about where it ends though. Take it as you will, good luck.

OP
OP
mtking479

mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anything is possible when you throw money at it so what you're after isn't necessarily impossible but it's just going to be pretty damn expensive. As far as I know there are no market offerings for forged internals on the K20C2. Some people are under the impression that the K20C1 (type R motor) and C2 share internals but that is false the only thing they really share is the same basic block, bore, and stroke. Everything else is different so unfortunately you couldn't exactly transfer parts over. And in comparison to other K-series engines, the answer is the same.

Basically, if you're after forged internals then it will have to be a custom job done by someone reputable. Not sure if you're eventually trying to turbo your car but that job would also have to be completely custom as there are no forced induction options out there for the K20C2. Then adding that to the standalone ecu + tuning you'll be overhauling pretty much every aspect of the car. So if you plan on upgrading internals and putting some boost on it, you should plan on it being a completely custom job. One guy did it here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/first-boosted-k20c2.39278/page-1 in an albeit extremely controversial thread that had to get locked but there are tidbits of information on there.

Bottom line, the job you're looking at would cost 10 grand easily judging from what i've seen. Not here to hate as a fellow K20C2 owner here but i'm just stating the facts. I know you said you don't want to trade which is fine but I am gonna say that for all the money you would spend on this car, the reliability would be obviously questionable and the gain would also probably not be worth it for that kind of money (in my opinion). For the money that you would be spending, you could very easily find a better more powerful car that isn't necessarily a Honda so keep that in mind.

Also if you're interested, the current mods out there for the K20C2 include the KTuner tune for 2.0 engines which i'm using right now and it's amazing. Then there's the RV6 catted/non-catted downpipe and various intakes. That's about where it ends though. Take it as you will, good luck.
I have the catless downpipe, borla exhaust, drop in filter, and ktuner but once I pay the car off I will get something cheap for a daily and this will be more of the toy. I have been through that thread once and there so much back and forth I didn’t really get much out of it. The guy that did turbo his said he put forged internals in but if there apparently aren’t any out there then I’m still at square 1 with it all. They are discontinuing the coupe so I’m wanting to keep mine and be AT LEAST at 250whp. I also would consider an engine swap but that seems like an even bigger venture than just slapping on a turbo.

OP
OP
mtking479

mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely looking into forged wheels and carbon fiber hood and trunk. I have already taken out the back seats and the spare tire and jack which shaved off a good chunk. That and I want it to handle the best I can aside from any power.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Definitely looking into forged wheels and carbon fiber hood and trunk. I have already taken out the back seats and the spare tire and jack which shaved off a good chunk. That and I want it to handle the best I can aside from any power.
Ehh CF parts aren't really worth it.

OP
OP
mtking479

mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ehh CF parts aren't really worth it.
Well I’m probably just going to do hood and mirror caps honestly, I’ve always loved the look of carbon and I feel that our hoods are pretty heavy for what they are so wouldn’t hurt to shave off some weight off the front since I took some off the back I guess

OP
OP
mtking479

mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think going from 18” to 17” wheels makes a big difference especially from non forged to forged because it’s rotational mass im sure it’s more efficient too but I ended up going with 18s again for the look
Sponsored