NA 2.0

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
does anyone else with the NA 2.0 with the MT get the feeling, when driving, that the engine is probably capable of a LOT more horsepower than it produces in stock form? I would bet that it's easily capable of 180 HP without even turbocharging. But Honda tuned it for gas mileage. Which is perfectly understandable.
Sponsored

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Yes, get a tune. The car only hits v-tec in 3rd after 6000k rpm and there is a good shove. The tune I believe from k tune fixes this and some other issue. I think this was done (A) for fuel economy and (B) to put more distance between it and the 1.5t. There is also a post about this some where:)

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
you really think? anyway i have the ktuner and the RV6 Dp and yes its nicer sound and the power is higher up but i still have that weird in the really higher rpms past 5500 that theres almost more power if i shift to a lower gear lol i probably need a custom tune i dunno but its farts and pops and sounds really nice

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It definitely loses steam high up in the RPM range for me, but it’s still fun to drive “slow car fast” 🙂
The 2.0 is reliable as hell but definitely isn’t as fun as the 1.5 that’s for sure! Even though it doesn’t have as high of a redline the Torque on the 1.5T compared to the 2.0 NA is very noticeable, really adds to the get up and go.
I do like the suspension upgrades (different shocks, sway bar and control arms) however on the sport trim so it handles better than expected.
To me the manual gearbox makes all the difference on both motors, but with the CVT really aren’t fun at all to drive, even tuned to be honest.
Sponsored

Last edited: