? For you guys experienced with tint.....

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not sure about the shaving aspect, usually they do. You can either use a file or back blade it. For me the hardest thing has been trying to find someone to do it without either damaging the car or getting dirt or lint under. If they can do both of those that's already a win for me. I haven't gotten my car tinted in California before and there are a lot of places here that do tint so it's possible they are better at it, but the prior state I lived in before did in general a pretty poor job so I am pretty familiar with bad tint jobs as a result. I don't have the car anymore, but my old car there was literally faint cut/trace marks all over the exterior of the glass where they cut it to fit it. If you looked at it in a certain light, you could see cut marks all over.

The Pilkington glass on this Honda is very soft though which is why I wouldn't consider it unless they were using a computer cutter.

I stopped by the shop for them to check out the issues on my car today. The owner apologized and explained that the computer had issues with the window size because it’s a new 2018.

His explanation caught me off guard because I was under the impression that all 10th gen sedans had the same window size. But who knows.

Long story short, he agreed to re-do the whole car and scheduled an appointment for next week.
Sponsored