Fog lights & DRL

iBlank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Does anybody know if its possible to only have the fog lights and daily running lamps turned on?
I've tried turning off the headlights but it seems to also turn off the fog lights. Any idea?
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Foglights have always been connected to the headlights as there is a law that you can only have 4 lights on at once. If you want to have your fogs on without the lights you will have to figure out how to mod it to come on with your DRL's or parking lights.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Foglights have always been connected to the headlights as there is a law that you can only have 4 lights on at once. If you want to have your fogs on without the lights you will have to figure out how to mod it to come on with your DRL's or parking lights.
I don't think this is true - at least not in Canada.

I can have both headlights, both foglights, and both DRL's on.

That said, OP, I don't think it's possible - the foglights are wired to come on with headlights, and go off when high beams are on. They're wired directly to it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a law in the US anyway. Certain states let you have more but for the most part 4 is the max forward facing at one time. This is why your fogs will automatically turn off when you hit your high beams if they are factory equipped.

Last edited:

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
It's a law in the US anyway. Certain states let you have more but for the most part 4 is the max forward facing at one time. This is why your fogs will automatically turn off when you hit your high beams if they are factory equipped.
This doesn't relate to the reason why the fog lights are not able to turn on with parking lights. BMWs allow it and so do other manufacturers.

In reality, just gotta find the relay power switch source and rewire it from low beam to parking light. Where all that is..I have no idea.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
The easiest way is to unplug the stock foglight harness, and just run your own wires from the DRL's to the foglight bulb.

Honda stopped using relays and most of it is a single module controlling many things.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This doesn't relate to the reason why the fog lights are not able to turn on with parking lights. BMWs allow it and so do other manufacturers.

In reality, just gotta find the relay power switch source and rewire it from low beam to parking light. Where all that is..I have no idea.
I already explained that in my first post. Was just responding to the last one.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag