BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Check out what the sun has done to my side mirrors! Went to Honda and they are submitting for warranty since I’m still under 3 year bumper to bumper until October. Hopefully it gets approved.

Honda Civic 10th gen Florida heat peeling paint! 7FC6178A-3660-4BC6-AD54-D1008841A687
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yikes that's bad. Know not great paint but that is unacceptable. Where was your car made?

I could have sworn new cars covered by longer paint warranty. I thought it was like 5 years at least. I got a marks on front bumper gravel kick ups or whatever.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yikes that's bad. Know not great paint but that is unacceptable. Where was your car made?

I could have sworn new cars covered by longer paint warranty. I thought it was like 5 years at least. I got a marks on front bumper gravel kick ups or whatever.
UK, like all FK8’s I believe. Wish I had a garage. They said they would need to keep the car a few days and I’m like , uhh these mirror covers pop off.. lol

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UK, like all FK8’s I believe. Wish I had a garage. They said they would need to keep the car a few days and I’m like , uhh these mirror covers pop off.. lol
Forgot just UK. Si has a couple locations.

They have carbon fiber covers that go on mirrors but most are pricey. Least getting repainted for free.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Wait what......This is alarming. We have spent close to $40K on these cars

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda sent me to the body and paint shop they use to paint it. I told them that you have to remove the mirror carefully to access the tabs. Of course these guys don’t listen and take a pry tool and just starting trying to pop it off around the edges of the mirror and snap multiple tabs. Ended up ordering me brand new ones (which come pre painted) and slapping a couple coats of clear coat on it for good measure at no cost.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Honda sent me to the body and paint shop they use to paint it. I told them that you have to remove the mirror carefully to access the tabs. Of course these guys don’t listen and take a pry tool and just starting trying to pop it off around the edges of the mirror and snap multiple tabs. Ended up ordering me brand new ones (which come pre painted) and slapping a couple coats of clear coat on it for good measure at no cost.
Well.... resolved, I guess? Buncha hacks at that paint shop, huh...

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Did you buy the car new? The finish on that paint looks unusually poor.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you buy the car new? The finish on that paint looks unusually poor.
Yes brand new 2019. It was ceramic coated about 2 years ago and I wash it 3x a month. It just sits outside.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Yes brand new 2019. It was ceramic coated about 2 years ago and I wash it 3x a month. It just sits outside.
I wonder if it's possible the dealer damaged/repaired or before you got it? It looks very orange peely and nothing like the factory finish I've seen on other 10th gens. At least you have it sorted though. 👍

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Forgot just UK. Si has a couple locations.

They have carbon fiber covers that go on mirrors but most are pricey. Least getting repainted for free.
Si is made in Alliston, Ontario. Both body styles.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Si is made in Alliston, Ontario. Both body styles.
I thought it was made in Indiana also but probably misread that somewhere. You would think maybe that big ass plant they have in Marysville, Ohio. Guess the engine is made in Anna, Ohio. I grew up in Ohio but never even heard of Anna. Would drive by Marysville plant though when we went to visit grandparents in Lima.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
this reminds me when a tech put a tire gauge to my door, of course they used a local shop to fix it. but in the sun you could see how terrible of a job they did. I'm glad you got brand new ones.
Sponsored