Fabric or leather

ray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXT
It could be very minor to many people but it is kind of painful for me....
For those who has pet (cat or dog), you may want to consider leather trim in oppose to fabric seat. The fabric picks up furs and it is very difficult to remove them, they tend to get trap in the fabric. Eventhough pet will not get on-board but as long as your cloth has fur on it the seat will pickup some.
So my civic is black on black with fabric seat, and I had just spent 15minutes to vaccum furs out and it is so obvious with the black color seat.
Sponsored

Mack V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic
Country flag
I owned a car with black carpet years ago. After owing the car for over a year I told myself that I would NEVER own another car with black carpet or black seats for that reason. I am a bit of a neat freak. Black looks awesome, but it's notorious for showing any lint/dirt in the fabric.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will only own a vehicle if it has black carpet. Mats cover the traffic areas. For salt stains or wear areas black shoe polish will do wonders.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
It could be very minor to many people but it is kind of painful for me....
For those who has pet (cat or dog), you may want to consider leather trim in oppose to fabric seat. The fabric picks up furs and it is very difficult to remove them, they tend to get trap in the fabric. Eventhough pet will not get on-board but as long as your cloth has fur on it the seat will pickup some.
So my civic is black on black with fabric seat, and I had just spent 15minutes to vaccum furs out and it is so obvious with the black color seat.
Very good point. And a vacuum often doesn't remove the fur from the fabric/carpet unless you do so for a very long time. You end up having to pick it out with your fingers.

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
i like to have black intererior due to having a 4 yr old boy. doesnt show up little spills as much. but i am serioulsy condidering dark leather in my new civic. ... i usually don't care about leather. but i think it might that time to make a move. ... i am curious to see more discussion around this topic.
Sponsored