Ishenoh

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey all, pretty new to modding my 2020 si coupe and was thinking about replacing the spoiler with the type r stock one because I don't like the stock si one. Are the fitments for the drill holes the same or would I need to buy an aftermarket wing that fits the coupe and if so, any links to one? Also wondering the same for a vortex generator as well. Thanks
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It wont fit. The Coupe spoiler attaches to the Trunk itself - a more conventional design while the Type R attaches to a wider portion of the hatchback liftgate, straddling the window. The Type R spoiler design is available for coupes in aftermarket varieties though, you just gotta find a decent brand and hope its good enough.

OP
OP

Ishenoh

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It wont fit. The Coupe spoiler attaches to the Trunk itself - a more conventional design while the Type R attaches to a wider portion of the hatchback liftgate, straddling the window. The Type R spoiler design is available for coupes in aftermarket varieties though, you just gotta find a decent brand and hope its good enough.
https://ultimatemotorsports.co/products/type-r-spoiler?variant=40985599148226
I found this spoiler and it states it fits Si's, but not sure of coupes. Do si sedans and coupes have the same fitments?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
That won't fit. The sedan and coupe have entirely different rear end bodywork. Forward of the A-Pillar is the same, however.

As an aside, avoid Ultimate Motorsports. They're a dropshipping company that just sells price-gouged eBay parts and you don't even get decent customer service for it. Anything you find on their website is the exact same thing you will find for less money on Amazon or eBay.

This thread covers it a bit.

OP
OP

Ishenoh

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That won't fit. The sedan and coupe have entirely different rear end bodywork. Forward of the A-Pillar is the same, however.

As an aside, avoid Ultimate Motorsports. They're a dropshipping company that just sells price-gouged eBay parts and you don't even get decent customer service for it. Anything you find on their website is the exact same thing you will find for less money on Amazon or eBay.

This thread covers it a bit.
Appreciate the feedback thanks for the help. So am I better off just looking for something off of eBay or are there any legitimate mod sites I can use?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
eBay stuff is far from perfect, but can work depending on your goals and how much extra work you're willing to put in. Some eBay parts can actually be quite good.

That said, ABS Dynamics is reputable for exterior cosmetics, and appears to do a lot of in-house development. Although they appear to do rebranding/dropshipping, ProCivic and Ikon Motorsports are also reputable (their prices aren't outrageous and their customer service is good, if nothing else). Ikon also appears to do some in-house development, but I can't say for sure.

Besides Ultimate Motorsports, I'd also avoid Primitive Performance Auto. I haven't made up my mind about other dropshippers such as American Modified, but I have no urge to buy anything from them. In general I try to avoid dropshippers that try to gloss up generic Chinese parts for a premium.

Unfortunately, the coupes are pretty rare and so support specifically for them is comparatively limited. Off-hand, the only source for a "direct-fit" Type R style wing for the coupe that I know of is Ikon. You can find that wing here. They also offer painted options, or at least they used to. However, the Type R style wing won't use the stock wing mounting points so you'll be left with some holes to plug. You can see that in some of the listing photos on Ikon's site, such as the ones in their Gurney Flap addon for the Type R wing. I'm sure there are other Type R coupe wing sellers out there, but I don't know of any to speak of.

Another option you might consider is a Caruse AeroFlap. You might want to get wing stabilizers to stop the stock wing from being so floppy, as well.

Last edited:

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My American modified grill is junk and probably the same as the cheap eBay ones. That's my 2 cents. Lol

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Can confirm primitive is garbage trash and so is American modified. Avoid these like the plague. You can throw art of attack and Perrin in that mix too.
Sponsored