Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe

Qiutips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2.0T Type R Turbo Swap
Country flag
Context: I'm not a Type R owner, but an Accord 2.0T owner, and there are a few parts in common that we share.

Recently I did a Type R turbo swap on my car, and converted a lot of the intake system over to what a Type R would use. I purchased a Mishimoto Inlet Pipe in wrinkle red back in May and installed it in June once I was ready to swap over everything. So the part has been on my car for just under 3 months now, and the quality of this inlet pipe is just awful. The wrinkle paint is bubbling and peeling off, and while no that does not affect performance, for the money this was not worth it. I would recommend sticking to PRL one or Rampage.

Pictures are attached of the bubbling. Will be switching to a PRL inlet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2201.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2202.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2207.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2208.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2209.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2210.JPG

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I had the Mishimoto lug nuts and catch can, took 3 different shops in one day to try and break the nuts loose bc of how stuck they were and the POS catch can rattled to hell during any driving. Needless to say I will never buy any product from them again. Cheap trash.

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Context: I'm not a Type R owner, but an Accord 2.0T owner, and there are a few parts in common that we share.

Recently I did a Type R turbo swap on my car, and converted a lot of the intake system over to what a Type R would use. I purchased a Mishimoto Inlet Pipe in wrinkle red back in May and installed it in June once I was ready to swap over everything. So the part has been on my car for just under 3 months now, and the quality of this inlet pipe is just awful. The wrinkle paint is bubbling and peeling off, and while no that does not affect performance, for the money this was not worth it. I would recommend sticking to PRL one or Rampage.

Pictures are attached of the bubbling. Will be switching to a PRL inlet.

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG
This looks super strange...almost like there are two coats on the pipe. i.e. look where the coating has flaked off and its still coated underneath...

Did you purchase this new?

Have you reached out to @Mishimoto at all? I'm sure they would be happy to work with you...

OP
OP

Qiutips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2.0T Type R Turbo Swap
Country flag
This looks super strange...almost like there are two coats on the pipe. i.e. look where the coating has flaked off and its still coated underneath...

Did you purchase this new?

Have you reached out to @Mishimoto at all? I'm sure they would be happy to work with you...
@Mishimoto will you warranty this out?
Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe IMG_2278.PNG

Apparently it's "a wear item". BS, literally less than 3 months old and their own listing claims it as DURABLE.
Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the Mishimoto Inlet Pipe 1662498375921

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Country flag
Yikes man! What a terrible response. Makes me not want to buy anything from them.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Welp, that made it official. Never buying anything from that company.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
People wonder why I never recommend Mishimoto. Stuff like this is common across multiple parts and platforms. People gobble up their "R&D Marketing" its quite sad.

Sorry this happened to you. PRL or Eventuri will be a much better option.
Sponsored