Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
OK, I am sure that some of your old time purists would have a violent reaction, but . . . .

I installed an "errand hook" behind my driver seat. It's for carrying groceries, shopping bags and takeout bags -- you wouldn't want those on your floor or seat, since they could easily fall over and stain the floor or seat, or damage the bag contents. I have had these in most of my recent cars and found them invaluable, but I couldn't attach the typical hook between the headrest and the body of the seat, because the CTR has a one-piece seat.

The hook can safely support up to 7.5 lbs, which is a lot for this purpose. It is a 3M Command hook, so it can safely be removed without damage or residue. And it's like $6. It's plastic, not metal. EDIT: Here is a link: http://amzn.to/2Gvzp7R.

Originally, I wrapped the piece in carbon fiber vinyl but it didn't quite match the fake carbon fiber in the seat back, and the curved shape made proper wrapping rather difficult for an anal-retentive amateur like me. So I took it off for now. I am thinking of painting it gloss metallic black or wrapping it in carbon fiber vinyl with a better matching pattern. However, the plain Jane look suits me fine for the time being.

These things are god send, especially because, unlike in a car with a trunk, you really don't have a good place to install hooks in the hatch of a CTR. I note that there is are hooks on the left side of the hatch, and in the B-pillar on each side, but those are way too small/shallow for my purposes (and therefore not as secure).

P.S. Does anyone happen to have a link to carbon fiber vinyl that closely matches the fake carbon fiber in the seatback?

Honda Civic 10th gen "Errand Hook" behind the driver seat IMG_9766.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: