Tow hooks for a CTR track day?

jbboulerice

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Type R Civic, 1969 VW Baja Beetle
Does anyone know of tow hooks for the type R, haven't anything... Anyone that tracked their car yet have any track solutions?
Sponsored

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking around too. Not sure if the jacking point in the rear can support a hook, but I don't think you are supposed to tow with a rear hook, but if that is the way you are facing in an incident, you have no choice. The front hook is a bit back there on the passenger side. Attaching a hook there, could damage your bumper and splitter. Would suck if you were just in loose gravel. The might at some poit make an extender to make it easier to reach? :dunno: I would hope. Even the wife's Fit has a plug that covers the tow hook, why not the R? Don't say to save weight...lol

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
BTW, I was wondering how to acess the rear tow hook mount. I must be missing something, as I can't seem to figure out how to get the cover off, and I've tried yanking on it pretty hard ...

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
BTW, I was wondering how to acess the rear tow hook mount. I must be missing something, as I can't seem to figure out how to get the cover off, and I've tried yanking on it pretty hard ...
Was wondering how to get the cover off as well. Honestly I didn't try very hard though.

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Bumping this. Track day coming up and I'm ready to get tow hooks if anyone has any info

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
The HMA race team bolted the tow hook to the side of the aluminum crush bar. Very cool team, they have answered ant questions I've asked about their TC fk8

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
The HMA race team bolted the tow hook to the side of the aluminum crush bar. Very cool team, they have answered ant questions I've asked about their TC fk8
Really? I did the same thing to my 9th gen just to have a strap up front also. What puzzles me is that several people say this isn’t a good place to attach a hook/strap to. If that’s true and this team did that I wonder why they wouldn’t fabricate an attachment point to a stronger part of the car.

Randizzle88

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, CBR Repsol.
Country flag
We are doing one right now. Should be ready pretty soon.

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
any updates on this looking to get one too wile the front bumper is off

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
i just saw today on evasive's facebook they're making a an extension, ring style. The picture was for the front. Not sure when it'll be released. Now i can't find the link...o_O