Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For those that are interested-

Evasive front tow hook base is a chassis mount and attaches below the crash beam. Requires a small cut on the front grill of about 3 or 4 of the "diamonds" on the fake grill above the already existent "horn hole." It can also double as a base adapter for a license plate relocator, so you don't have to drill into your bumper; for those of us that live in states where that is required.

The Cusco tow hook uses OEM-sized threading, and can be used on the rear factory tow hook as well as the Evasive adapter. That said, you can use it on the front or rear of the car. I had to trim the rear access hole below the removable plate to thread it, but it will fit. It's easy to take on and off, and you don't see the Evasive front tow adapter below the grill, unless you really look.
Sponsored

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not really anything on the forum regarding rear tow strap installs. Especially on the FC3 so I figured i’d drop it here for anyone else who might need future reference. Since its an FK8 thread i figured i should at least have it cameo in the pic;)

1.) cut out rear vent using a razor blade
2.) took off the rear bumper
3.) drilled a hole into the crash bar
4.) installed tow strap
5.) reinstalled everything and wallaaaaah!

79EB42FF-0C94-4284-9B66-AABF09F4B273.jpeg
Do you by chance have any other pics of this with the bumper off? Do you remember if this is mounted on the bottom of the crash bar? Or the top?

Need some sort of rear tow solution for my FC sedan (no factory tow location) for new track day rules.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Just figured I'd share that we'll be announcing our front tow strap mount in the near future. We've finished our testing on it and are happy with the results. Production units will be powdercoated and a thicker gauge steel. To start we'll only be offering driver side mounts but a passenger side version is likely to come later. Our goal was to require minimal trimming, with the driver side mount just a small slit needs to be made in the pop out cover, for the passenger side no trimming will be required as it will come out of the horn hole.

I am unsure of compatibility with Honda sensing, if someone with Honda sensing would like to be a guinea pig for it we'd be happy to cut you a deal!

Still working out the final details with our machine shop but expect pricing to be easily under $100 :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Tow hooks for a CTR track day? tow 1
Honda Civic 10th gen Tow hooks for a CTR track day? Tow 2

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Idk if it's been mentioned (don't want to go through all 8 pages 😂) I got J's front hook

What strap and mount do you guys use for the rear? Preferably JDM brands if possible since I'm a JDM inspo build

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you by chance have any other pics of this with the bumper off? Do you remember if this is mounted on the bottom of the crash bar? Or the top?

Need some sort of rear tow solution for my FC sedan (no factory tow location) for new track day rules.
I dont unfortunately. i drilled into the top half of the crash bar. it was easier to get to the nut and bolt from below.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Last edited:

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
oooh, tempted to pick one up for my CTR.

edit - that didnt take long. I hope I can get it before my next track day on the 10th!
Thanks for your business! Most orders ship same or next day so should definitely be there before the 10th :)