Do you guys put up with dealer badges???

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you guys put up with dealer badges??? mms_90-

This isn't something you see very often in California. I would lose it if I showed up to get my CTR and it had a dealer badge on it. Do you guys that are more used to this put up with it? I'd tell them to pay me a marketing fee to do their advertising for them. I bought a Honda, not a Landmark.

Is this annoying or do you guys just pull these things off as soon as you get home? In Cali it's usually just the dealer license plate surround and that comes off as soon as I park it. I tell them to keep it to save money but they don't so it just goes in the trash.
Sponsored

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
If one is applied, my detailer removes it before starting the ceramic coat & clear bra install.

OP
OP
Wheel_Guy

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
they come off easy especially when new, little floss and goo gone.
OK. So definitely not something worth worrying about.

I'm just shocked at how tacky that looks and that someone at Landmark Honda actually thinks that's a good idea. I guess the average Accord buyer leaves it on. Lame.

spooky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord EX-L V6
Country flag
... unless they are making your payments for you, taking care of any maintenance for free, and paying you a flat for fee for advertising their dealership, there's no absolutely no reason to keep it on. dealer badges are about as un-cool as front license plates.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
OK. So definitely not something worth worrying about.

I'm just shocked at how tacky that looks and that someone at Landmark Honda actually thinks that's a good idea. I guess the average Accord buyer leaves it on. Lame.
Idiots, put that to a Van, not a Type R.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My Ridgeline came from Jack O' Diamonds Honda. Individual, chrome-plated plastic letters spelling out the dealer's name were affixed to the tailgate using cheap, double-sided foam tape. Individual vinyl letters spelling out the dealer's website were adhered to the rear window. Gaudy license plate holders with the dealer's name and website were attached front and rear. It took an hour to remove all that rubbish.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I would take that stuff off immediately. Dealers always seem to "forget" about my specific request to keep that sticker off my car, but I make them take it off.

What I find hilarious is this. My wife's car has those cheap plastic license plate holders with dealer logo that came with the car. We bought the car at Dealer A. I take the car in for service at Dealer B, which is closer to our home. Dealer B's service department will invariably swap their own license plate holders with the original ones from Dealer A. But then if I ever go back to Dealer A for whatever reason, they will swap their own for those from Dealer B. Ridiculous. The wife doesn't care what her license plate frames say, so I don't buy our own for her car.

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Mine had a badge from Honda of Denton. Pulled that thing off in the parking lot.

cfleegle

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe 2015 Chrysler 200s
Vehicle Showcase
My friend's charger had one on it and they didn't even put it on straight they just slapped it on. Thing is, it was a brand new car. Mine had one on I actually made them take it off before I left the lot. I just got screwed by these guys not gonna drive around with free advertisement for them lol.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I'd just tell them to remove it. Not gonna even leave the dealership with it on.
Sponsored