Do OEM mud flaps on hatchback help that much?

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Wanted to install these but not sure about the OEM performance for the mitigation that they do. Any recent feedback from existing users?
Sponsored

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 17 hatch came with them on it and it does seem to help some as far as deflecting rocks and mud from that part of the car. I am comparing it to my 15 Civic Coupe that did not have any on it and always had mud and crap getting up on the paint in that area.

-R

OP
OP

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Do they stand out from the side??

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
Do they stand out from the side??
they stick out a tiny bit maybe less than inch...not sure, i would go check but it snowed here in Colorado, so its too cold to go outside lol

edit: remembered i snapped this pic when i installed type r style side skirts and had to modify my splash gaurds

Honda Civic 10th gen Do OEM mud flaps on hatchback help that much? 20190421_095914

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m from Minnesota and the main reason I wanted mud flaps was to protect that corner of the car from rocks and salt from our heavy winters. Just wish they were one inch longer.

OP
OP

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
I’m from Minnesota and the main reason I wanted mud flaps was to protect that corner of the car from rocks and salt from our heavy winters. Just wish they were one inch longer.
How come? Are they not doing the job for you?

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not sure yet. They just looked short. If you look at the OEM and compare them to another like Rally Armor Mudflaps, the OEM ones look like they could be longer.
Sponsored