Country flag
Last edited:

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Mine is the other direction, it usually rest on the door handle .

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a very good idea. I love cheap DIY ideas that are easy to do. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Let us know in a few days if the 3M will stay stuck because of the interior heat build up.

OP
OP
hondo

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a very good idea. I love cheap DIY ideas that are easy to do. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Let us know in a few days if the 3M will stay stuck because of the interior heat build up.
Will do. I ordered some of the black mounting tape just in case. It's much stronger. Maybe I'll use that for the passenger side and compare.

OP
OP
hondo

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mounted another one on the passenger side. As I was test fitting I realized that it would prevent the glovebox from opening if mounted the same as the driver's side. I had to mount it lower. The glovebox still brushes against it, but you can still open it. Here is a picture.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Knee pad/cushion IMG_20160626_185220
I used the stronger black 3m mounting tape this time. It does seem to be stronger, but so far the clear tape on the driver's side is holding up fine.

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
I mounted another one on the passenger side. As I was test fitting I realized that it would prevent the glovebox from opening if mounted the same as the driver's side. I had to mount it lower. The glovebox still brushes against it, but you can still open it. Here is a picture.
IMG_20160626_185220.jpg
I used the stronger black 3m mounting tape this time. It does seem to be stronger, but so far the clear tape on the driver's side is holding up fine.
do you have a link to the tape?

OP
OP
hondo

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Very clever stuff. If anything, I added a pad from my combat helmet onto my Miata's console using 3M and it held up for good. I just couldn't take my knee being banged up against hard plastic anymore.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
IMG_20160626_185220.jpg
How are these holding up? I just got my SI and my knee is already suffering lol. These look like a good cheap fix.