DIY Rear Brake Pad and Rotor Change

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I've read through the threads in the type-r forum, but can't seem to find an answer to my specific question. I'll be changing my rear pads and rotors on my LX sedan in a few days and bought the Autel AP-200 OBDII scanner to retract the EPB.

The steps seem simple enough, but I'm just confused for one thing. Once I've retracted the EPB using the scan tool, can I turn my car off? It needs to be in the "ON" mode to use the tool, but it is it safe to completely turn the car off while doing the pad/rotor change and then turning it back on to go back to "normal mode"?

And if anyone has any other tips for doing a rear brake job for this car (2017 LX) please let me know as this is my first DIY on a car.
Sponsored

sunnyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
I've read through the threads in the type-r forum, but can't seem to find an answer to my specific question. I'll be changing my rear pads and rotors on my LX sedan in a few days and bought the Autel AP-200 OBDII scanner to retract the EPB.

The steps seem simple enough, but I'm just confused for one thing. Once I've retracted the EPB using the scan tool, can I turn my car off? It needs to be in the "ON" mode to use the tool, but it is it safe to completely turn the car off while doing the pad/rotor change and then turning it back on to go back to "normal mode"?

And if anyone has any other tips for doing a rear brake job for this car (2017 LX) please let me know as this is my first DIY on a car.
Keep the car on battery the whole process.