Disappointed in Boomba's Short Shifter, any other recommendations?

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
We're sorry you feel that way. Our shifter in conjunction with our brass bushings and transmission adapter makes the whole concoction work a lot better. The stock shifter has a good amount of slop to it, and by just doing the lever, it can make it seem more pronounced. One of the main benefits with our shift lever on the Type-R specifically is that it sits lower, so it really helps the knob to be in a more comfortable position.
Sponsored

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
As already mentioned several times above. ACUITY! I got the 1st stage or whatever you call it which improved the stock shifter before I switched to the whole shifter kit. No complaints at all. The adjust-ability is superb.

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
There is only one solution here, which is the Acuity full short shifter and transmission cable bushing. Believe me no slop and fully adjustable for height, throw and gate spacing... I've changed the setting a few times now and have a set up that I'm happy with, that's the beauty of this setup - everyone's different and want a slightly different setup.
Sponsored