Dankershim

First Name
Jeph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking for recommendations for where to take my FK8, not sure what's wrong with it but I'm assuming it's something catastrophic, massive plume of white smoke came out of my exhaust during a highway WOT pull, white smoke coming out of dipstick hole, horribly rough idle (while still pumping out white smoke through the exhaust) that eventually stalls shortly after starting the vehicle, oil leaking from the the front of the head (mild amount, no pooling yet) with it almost looks like a few grains of sand? Car threw 4 codes when i first pulled them up but for some reason after trying to restart it was showing 3 (p0300/p0301/p0303) the 4th code read something along the lines of "o2 sensor failure" or "o2 sensor malfunction"

Some info on the car: 2019 fk8, 35100 miles
Hondata FlashPro (custom flex fuel e tune but only ever made it to my 6th 91 oct revision)
rv6 catted dp
PRL IC
PRL charge pipes
PRL flex fuel kit
stage 1 prl intake (silicon intake hose+ prl filter, oem air intake box)
XDI hpfp
AWE touring exhaust

I doubt my local honda dealership would even touch this car with a 10 foot pole so that's out of the question. Any input/ shop recommendations that do good work and charge a fair price (fair not cheap but also not trying to get price gouged with a type R tax) within a reasonable distance to the 92530 area would be greatly appreciated (car has to be towed).
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You check your coolant level yet? Sounds like head gasket which seems to be happening more lately.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag

OP
OP

Dankershim

First Name
Jeph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
You check your coolant level yet? Sounds like head gasket which seems to be happening more lately.
Was probably my head gasket, coolant was at half below the "MIN" line, haven't had the car looked at yet but the oil on the dipstick still looks normal, only thing of note was smoke coming out of the hole when I first checked my oil when it broke down

OP
OP

Dankershim

First Name
Jeph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Heard good things from JSR when it comes to engine rebuild or diagnostics.
I've spoken to a few people that have had some rebuilds done with some mixed opinions and really similar problems after JSR rebuilt, so may hold off on them

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Fair enough, I’ve never dealt with them directly. A few people I know have had their motors built by them, but no bad reviews so far. That’s not to say others experience is different.

OP
OP

Dankershim

First Name
Jeph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Fair enough, I’ve never dealt with them directly. A few people I know have had their motors built by them, but no bad reviews so far. That’s not to say others experience is different.
Nevertheless, I still greatly appreciate the recommendation
Sponsored