Dedicated GPS

metboy2099

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Hi i'm not sure if I'll get a response to this question but here it is anyway.

I just bought my 2016 honda Civic LX with the 7" infortainment screen. I know i can use android auto for nav but it chews through my data fairly quick. I want to know if i can go get a dedicated gps such as a Garmin or a Tomtom and have it come up and be used on my infotainment screen. If so how would i go about doing that? I'd rather spend less money getting a stand alone gps than pay the insane prices for the integrated Honda gps. I'd continue using android auto if it didn't use so much data (my data plan is really small)

Thanks for the help guys and if there is a work around that's be just great!
Sponsored

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt this is possible, as I imagine most people would never purchase Honda Navigation if it were so simple to connect a GPS to the screen. You're gonna have to go old school and stick that GPS unit onto your windshield.

Does GPS on your phone really eat up that much data?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
You can download maps thru google maps and have them store offline...that should help with the data use

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can download maps thru google maps and have them store offline...that should help with the data use
This. Download w/e area you want and it shouldn't chew through as much except for live traffic.

OP
OP

metboy2099

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
This. Download w/e area you want and it shouldn't chew through as much except for live traffic.
Oh I didn't know you could dl maps and use them offline. You guys just saved my wallet. And fast responses too. Thanks everyone for the help. You're all awesome! Have yourselves a cookie or cake or pie, whatever you prefer.

Mcfancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yep, have read them all but none specifically address my query. I’m hoping the community has something that fits my requirement. Tx

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Sygic (and others to follow) will modify their apps to be used in android auto.
Sponsored