GPS/Navigation

Xenomorph05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good day! I have a 2016 civic without navigation. I have always noticed a GPS satellite symbol on the screen and I am wondering why my car has GPS if it does not have navigation? How do I disable the GPS? Can I install navigation? I apologize if this has been asked but I tried searching and was not succesful.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Good day! I have a 2016 civic without navigation. I have always noticed a GPS satellite symbol on the screen and I am wondering why my car has GPS if it does not have navigation? How do I disable the GPS? Can I install navigation? I apologize if this has been asked but I tried searching and was not succesful.
Maybe that symbol is for Sirius/XM Radio?

OP
OP
Xenomorph05

Xenomorph05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe that symbol is for Sirius/XM Radio?
I had the battery out of the car for a while and when I put it back in the cars infotainment said it needed up to 10 minutes for the GPS to find itself. it is the same symbol in the top middle of the screen as other civics.

I have not tried to use those or see if my car has Sirius. Sat radio does not require the sharkfin?

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had the battery out of the car for a while and when I put it back in the cars infotainment said it needed up to 10 minutes for the GPS to find itself. it is the same symbol in the top middle of the screen as other civics.

I have not tried to use those or see if my car has Sirius. Sat radio does not require the sharkfin?
I think satellite radio would require the sharkfin. Maybe the software in the HU is the same regardless of whether your car has the GPS capability or not. That's my best guess.
Sponsored