JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I dunno that I'd continue using the +9 psi tune if I were you. Obviously this is just a suggestion cause you're free to do what you want with your car, but there's a reason Hondata doesn't have the +9 available for the CVT. It was shown to cause damage to it which is why they only offer the +6
Sponsored

andy_wen1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
This also happened to me recently. I was going ~70 on the highway then shifted into N on accident. The revs shot up to about 5K. It took me a sec to realize and I quickly shifted back to D. The car seems fine...

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I dunno that I'd continue using the +9 psi tune if I were you. Obviously this is just a suggestion cause you're free to do what you want with your car, but there's a reason Hondata doesn't have the +9 available for the CVT. It was shown to cause damage to it which is why they only offer the +6
Then must have been 6+ psi I forgot. I chose what Hondata provide

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So stick with 6 psi?

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
How did you even end up with a Hondata basemap with +9 PSI for a CVT?
I’m saying I forgot which psi It was. Definitely wasn’t 3 psi must have been 6 psi then if 9 psi doesn’t exist.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
You will not break your transmission by shifting into neutral then back into D.
You will if you rev it way up before putting in d, which he says he did. (He says he didn't let the rpms drop)

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I dare anyone that says it's fine to go from neutral to drive, to go out to your car and put it in neutral, pin the gas, rev it to redline, and put it from n to d. Film it and post it here for science.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably triggered over boost and the ewg solenoid didn't disperse quickly enough, car threw 3 or more codes, CEL, and entered limp-mode.
Why do so few ppl seem read their codes, at least not include in OP?

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You will if you rev it way up before putting in d, which he says he did. (He says he didn't let the rpms drop)
You will not. That's called "neutral dropping" and the CVT or torque converter will slip a little and then engage. Doing this multiple times over many high power launches will of course damage things, but it would take a lot. A one time accident will not cause this.

Shielth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
Country flag
I don't think your 10% oil life has anything to do with it. I always change my oil at 30% or 40% (which is about 3000-4000 miles) since i have oil dilution.
How does oil dilution affected your car so far?

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
How does oil dilution affected your car so far?

I can't tell really. Getting 35mpg, everything working great. I always change my oil early. Recent flushed trans, coolant, and break fluids. I did an oil analysis last year, the result was good, my car was much better than average. I collected oil for analysis few days ago, but it's a spendy procedure, haven't send in to be analyzed yet. Be nice to know if anything changed over a year.

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
Sorry, Honda will be able to find out that your car is tuned and they won't replace the CVT under warranty.
Sorry, in America legally speaking, Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act says the onus is on them to prove your modifications are what caused your malfunction. From what OP described, it was a malfunction due to user error rather than because of a tune

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
So stick with 6 psi?
I'm pretty sure Hondata offers a 265kpa map for the CVT which should give you a little more power than the 6 psi, so you can always try that out. Just make sure whatever you're using is under the CVT selection. If you start to notice anything strange happening I would go back to the 6psi to play it safe

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm pretty sure Hondata offers a 265kpa map for the CVT which should give you a little more power than the 6 psi, so you can always try that out. Just make sure whatever you're using is under the CVT selection. If you start to notice anything strange happening I would go back to the 6psi to play it safe
265kpa is 38PSI. Where did you find this map?
Sponsored