Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
265kpa is 38PSI. Where did you find this map?
Probably more like 23+ psi when you account for atmospheric pressure.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cvt went bad Hondata Tunes.JPG
Sponsored

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There has to be more to this story.

I don't think accidentally shifting into neutral at 40 mph and then putting it back in drive would destroy a CVT. And how exactly would you "let the rpms drop to 0 before shifting to D"?
Neutral drops on the other hand, will ruin any automatic...

Just read this thread in its entirety...
Tuned and brake launched and you’re hoping for warranty?
Good luck with that.

Bring your own lube else the dealer gonna give you a dry run, kid.

Last edited:

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dare anyone that says it's fine to go from neutral to drive, to go out to your car and put it in neutral, pin the gas, rev it to redline, and put it from n to d. Film it and post it here for science.
Redlining at 40mph? I've done something similar with my CVT where I hit a bump with my hand on the shift knob and went from S to N and very quickly put it back into S with no issues. Obviously I don't do that every day but the worse I could see happening is the CVT belt scoring or snapping.

Also I find it very difficult to redline this engine going low speeds unless you're doing the CVT pedal dance to rocket your rpms up. For the 2.0 NA folk we have to do that to have VTEC engage quicker since the VTEC limit is way high for the CVTs to the point it's almost unusable unless you have a KTuner.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Damn bro it been 2 weeks since my car been in the service center. They said they’re waiting on this one part to come in and don’t even have a eta date on it. Should I be concerned or give them more time?

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Neutral drops on the other hand, will ruin any automatic...

Just read this thread in its entirety...
Tuned and brake launched and you’re hoping for warranty?
Good luck with that.

Bring your own lube else the dealer gonna give you a dry run, kid.
And everything been covered in warranty or else they would have not ordered any part. So no lube for me kid.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn bro it been 2 weeks since my car been in the service center. They said they’re waiting on this one part to come in and don’t even have a eta date on it. Should I be concerned or give them more time?
What's your plan tho? Get the car on a towing bed and bring it to another dealer? You have not choice but to wait for the parts to come in....do you have another car for the time being? You asked for a courtesy car?

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
What's your plan tho? Get the car on a towing bed and bring it to another dealer? You have not choice but to wait for the parts to come in....do you have another car for the time being? You asked for a courtesy car?
No you right you just gonna have to wait it out. And yes they did give a courtesy car. I should be glad they give courtesy car and warranty unlike how most service centers don’t. They already got two parts for the car so it would be too late to take the car out of the dealership again.

du ma may

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
racezzz
Country flag
Good will lol but u still gonna pay something

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good will lol but u still gonna pay something
Having been treated unfairly (re: illegally) by a dealership, I'm going to optimistically align with the OP.
Based on my shit experience, they wouldn't bother ordering parts for a repair without first finding a way to deny warranty coverage.

@groundon000 can you ask to receive, or at least take pics of, the outgoing parts? I'm assuming they will do a complete transmission swap, since these CVTs are generally considered replace-only. Seeing if the failure was in the belt, generally seeing the belt, will be potentially very bene2to the community.

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Here it was a sensor and valve body assembly

Honda Civic 10th gen Cvt went bad B9C7BCFE-C24D-434D-A88F-7A531FA80D2C

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
And yea I forgot to mention the car was ready since Saturday

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Well guys another problem arrived. Car from bottom looked like it was leaking some sort of oil. I went to the shop today for oil change and they said they noticed my transmission fluid is leaking and they're not sure from where. I'm gonna have to take it back to Honda again. You guys know anything I should check so I could save the trip of going to service center again?

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Well guys another problem arrived. Car from bottom looked like it was leaking some sort of oil. I went to the shop today for oil change and they said they noticed my transmission fluid is leaking and they're not sure from where. I'm gonna have to take it back to Honda again. You guys know anything I should check so I could save the trip of going to service center again?
It's also very slIght type of leak left the car in my driveway for like 30 min andmove to check for leak it barely dripped.
Sponsored