OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
The engine should be able to take that much power but the rubber bands in the CVT definitely will not. Nobody has a surefire answer on what the limit is but I wouldn't push the numbers over 200.

Plus - if he has shitty reviews.. it's probably a good idea to let this go by..
Well the 6psi set up puts the cvt at a stock si's numbers safe proven by hondata but I've read from vit that ktune allows u to play around more lower trq while raising the hp so this may be the route I go once i make up my mind. But yeah man it's all a learning process for me a lot of this is all picking up things here and there from more knowledgeable ppl which makes it all more fun and worth while
Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yes, you are if you get Ktuner
once again why are people bringing back old threads. that was months ago when i stated that

Ktuner isn't the only unit that can do it.

FlashPro is releasing the CVT TQ tables to the public soon. You will be able to run a lot of boost on the cvt
Honda Civic 10th gen Custom tune question upload_2017-9-3_2-4-43

View attachment 65293

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
once again why are people bringing back old threads. that was months ago when i stated that

Ktuner isn't the only unit that can do it. you would also require a custom tune from vit or someone that has more access to the softare. a end user does not have the options to add more boost

FlashPro is releasing the CVT TQ tables to the public soon. You will be able to run a lot of boost on the cvt
upload_2017-9-3_2-4-43.png

View attachment 65293
power braking huh?

Last edited:

Rennokas

First Name
Renno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage, soon Civic 1.5t

Ktuner isn't the only unit that can do it. you would also require a custom tune from vit or someone that has more access to the softare. a end user does not have the options to add more boost

upload_2017-9-3_2-4-43.png

View attachment 65293
Is Ktuner able to do that ? Power breaking aka "launch control" for AT cars ? :p

Skeegle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 6MT
This is a bad idea for Hondata imo. It will lead to many busted CVTs all under warranty leading back to you and me and etc and you can be darn sure Honda will figure out a way to determine who's tuning. I guess Hondata couldn't get Honda to partner up a dealer loaded tune and said fuck it we've gotta roll out the +9psi to the CVT guys to sell way more Flashpros?

Anyone else worried our warranties are all bout disappear because a few ruin it for the many?

I'm manual anyway but with clutch's slipping >9psi and Hondata saying over and over don't do it CVT, it seems like it couldn't go well.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Ktuner isn't the only unit that can do it. you would also require a custom tune from vit or someone that has more access to the softare. a end user does not have the options to add more boost than the base maps
This is completely false, please do not spread misinformation. The KTuner starter cals have full tuning control for DUAL boost tables (among other things) in the End User software (eco/normal, sport/normal).

This is a bad idea for Hondata imo. It will lead to many busted CVTs all under warranty leading back to you and me and etc and you can be darn sure Honda will figure out a way to determine who's tuning. I guess Hondata couldn't get Honda to partner up a dealer loaded tune and said fuck it we've gotta roll out the +9psi to the CVT guys to sell way more Flashpros?

Anyone else worried our warranties are all bout disappear because a few ruin it for the many?

I'm manual anyway but with clutch's slipping >9psi and Hondata saying over and over don't do it CVT, it seems like it couldn't go well.
This is a great move and I'm happy to see they have made the decision to expose those tables. Each customer can now decide what they feel is "safe" for them on their CVT vehicle. We've been running customers with significantly more power using KTuner on the CVT than what has been allowed by the Hondata base calibrations for the CVT (we've been hard pressed to get boost above 16psi on some cars...). This is great news and I can update my FlashPro CVT customer's tunes to pack a lot more punch if they chose!

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
This is completely false, please do not spread misinformation. The KTuner starter cals have full tuning control for DUAL boost tables (among other things) in the End User software (eco/normal, sport/normal).
That's my fault, i was just misinformed by a KTuner user. I was told that he couldn't target more boost than the basemap is set for. I will edit my post.

I agree that it's very good news. They were more focus on getting CARB certified.

Last edited:

CVT_Squad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 2005 Pilot 2010 Insight 1998 Civic Hatch
Country flag

This is a great move and I'm happy to see they have made the decision to expose those tables. Each customer can now decide what they feel is "safe" for them on their CVT vehicle. We've been running customers with significantly more power using KTuner on the CVT than what has been allowed by the Hondata base calibrations for the CVT (we've been hard pressed to get boost above 16psi on some cars...). This is great news and I can update my FlashPro CVT customer's tunes to pack a lot more punch if they chose!
*raises hand

Yes please.

If they are doing this then it kinda speaks to how well they think the the tranny will hold up to the power doesn't it? Is there a way to disable brake boosting?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
*raises hand

Yes please.

If they are doing this then it kinda speaks to how well they think the the tranny will hold up to the power doesn't it? Is there a way to disable brake boosting?
yea just don't step on the brake while giving it gas at a stop

CVT_Squad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 2005 Pilot 2010 Insight 1998 Civic Hatch
Country flag
yea just don't step on the brake while giving it gas at a stop
Yeah pretty much. I can manage but Hondata want to stay on Hondas good side so they may want some safegaurds for nubs.

I did a pass on a 1/8 mile track (9.8 sec) and brake boosted. The tranny was whining at the end of the run. Wont do that again now that i know.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
I'm not trying to do anything crazy in the cvt. Just a little something enough to feel that extra kick/potential everyone keeps telling me about. I'm just trying to do my research here in the Bronx you have a bunch of know it all's that charge cheap but in that same regard makes you question if they really are good but then on the flip side of that coin you have real tuners that charge a lot but they do out standing work. I NVR went back to see the gentleman at Drag Racing Tech I just didn't feel comfortable doing it with him since he had so little regard for my concern of the cvt. I know doing my little research here and there will not make me an expert but I don't want to be taken for a fool either. That's why I love going through the forum anyways as of right now I'm look at snatching up a Hondata flashpro from a client I register cars for. He bought an Civic Hatch ST, and then a month later got a Type R so now he has a nice couple things he's willing to sell me since I register all his cars, for cheap. I'll prob end up doing the 6psi and be happy I'm not worried about warranty as much as I am it's lifetime I know I'm expediting the process a bit and that cool but I'm not trying to destroy it either you guys get what I'm saying right? Anyways I do appreciate everything everyone has been commenting. On another post I was telling the guys I have a R wing coming soon with the vortex. Justahatch has his already so I'm behind by a few days
Sponsored