redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
my car is a 2018 coupe,the paint is full of divots on the bumper and hood.the sad thing is i dont talgate or get close to trucks,the paint is just so thinly applied that now it looks like crap.thinking about getting the hood and front bumper repainted with basecoat/clearcoat but not the horrible water based paint new car makers use.does the hood and bumper need to be completely stripped or just sanded before applying the new paint?
Sponsored

OP
OP

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the car was a lease before i bought it,paint is trashed enough where it bothers my wife...which is very unusual.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My FK7 is a 2018 as well, Orchid white, and I have the same complaints. Hood is swiss cheese, dings in the door and the roof's clear coat is almost gone in certain spots. Once I get her paid off, I plan on a full re-paint and whatever else I can do to preserve the quality of the paint.
Before my FK7, I had (still own) a 2004 Tahoe. Sure, the Tahoe was a flagship vehicle from Chevy and wasn't a cheap car by any means, but you would think after nearly 350,000 miles that the paint would be all chipped, hood would be dinged up, etc. Well, that isn't the case. Tahoe has a few imperfections, but in certain light it makes my Civic look trashy.

TLDR Honda cut corners with the paint as they always have. Hope that touch up stuff works well for you.

OP
OP

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
was supposed to be ready friday,looks like sometime monday afternoon.and i think youre right,the paint on my 6 year old camaro is better.not as good as pre waterborn based paint,but still better.
Sponsored