Cracked windshield with no impact

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Just got off work and was driving home when I noticed a large, curved crack on my windshield starting from the top. When I got home, and took a closer look, it looks like there was no impact. Just a crack. Going to take it to the dealership to check if it's under warranty. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

mmackenzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Murano SL, 2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Just got off work and was driving home when I noticed a large, curved crack on my windshield starting from the top. When I got home, and took a closer look, it looks like there was no impact. Just a crack. Going to take it to the dealership to check if it's under warranty. Anyone else have this issue?
I also have a crack after 4 days of ownership and less than 300 km. Very tiny chip that no one remembers taking a stone. The crack grew by 4" between lunch and the drive home just sitting under the sun in the parking lot.

OP
OP
singjai

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
http://www.civicx.com/threads/windshield-replacement-on-models-with-honda-sensing.2906/#post-70865

See my post above - since you're going to the dealer, would you mind asking what their ETA for glass is?
Sorry, just read your post. Already went to the service center and wasn't able to ask. What does ETA stand for anyway? Does it have something to do with the sensing model?

I also have a crack after 4 days of ownership and less than 300 km. Very tiny chip that no one remembers taking a stone. The crack grew by 4" between lunch and the drive home just sitting under the sun in the parking lot.
Yeah, surprised how fragile this glass is. I went to the service center this afternoon since the service manager was there today - He's the only one who can authorize glass repairs under warranty. He inspected it for a couple minutes and agreed there was no impact and must be a stress crack. He said he saw the same thing on an Odyssey. They went ahead and ordered a new windshield for me.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Sorry, just read your post. Already went to the service center and wasn't able to ask. What does ETA stand for anyway? Does it have something to do with the sensing model?
No, ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

Received a call from glass place today to update me. She said Honda will start shipping out windshields to dealers beginning June 30. She hopes to have me come in sometime next week to get the work done.

In the meantime, the crack has grown to about 2".

OP
OP
singjai

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
No, ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

Received a call from glass place today to update me. She said Honda will start shipping out windshields to dealers beginning June 30. She hopes to have me come in sometime next week to get the work done.

In the meantime, the crack has grown to about 2".
Oh, sorry lol. Yeah, the guy said it should be in sometime next week since it has to be shipped from Ohio or some place. Said he'd give me a call to set up an appointment when he gets more info.

OP
OP
singjai

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
i had the same issue with my windshield.... it cracked with no impact... it is cheap windshield???
Not sure how much it is since it's covered under warranty. Have you tried going to Honda to get it fixed? I would imagine it being pretty expensive since it's a new model Civic.

nestor2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Not sure how much it is since it's covered under warranty. Have you tried going to Honda to get it fixed? I would imagine it being pretty expensive since it's a new model Civic.
well i have to import the new winshield to my country because i,ve been import the car from us.... and in my country the model does not exist... :s

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well i have to import the new winshield to my country because i,ve been import the car from us.... and in my country the model does not exist... :s
You *personally* imported the Civic you own or did you purchase it from Dipromuro C.A., the local Honda auto distributor in Caracas?

nestor2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
You *personally* imported the Civic you own or did you purchase it from Dipromuro C.A., the local Honda auto distributor in Caracas?
Hi dear friend... I personally import the car to my country.... Dipromuro does not import Honda cars to my country from 2009 and for that reason i dont have warranty....

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi dear friend... I personally import the car to my country.... Dipromuro does not import Honda cars to my country from 2009 and for that reason i dont have warranty....
Very brave of you to do that - unfortunately, you will have to source the windshield on your own. In the USA, you're looking at about $1,000 for the windshield & misc related parts from the dealer. Add freight charges to it to ship to Venezuela. When it arrives there, you may have to pay import duties. After you receive it, you will have to find someone who knows how to install this kind of windshield.

nestor2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Very brave of you to do that - unfortunately, you will have to source the windshield on your own. In the USA, you're looking at about $1,000 for the windshield & misc related parts from the dealer. Add freight charges to it to ship to Venezuela. When it arrives there, you may have to pay import duties. After you receive it, you will have to find someone who knows how to install this kind of windshield.
Yes dear friend actually i made everything and it has been replaced.... i bought a new windshiled in a dealer where i bought the car and replace it at all.... Today the windshield is new and i hope wont happen again... I bought this car becasue the model is beautiful and in my country is so difficult to found a new car in the dealer ship because does not exist newer models....

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Yes dear friend actually i made everything and it has been replaced.... i bought a new windshiled in a dealer where i bought the car and replace it at all.... Today the windshield is new and i hope wont happen again... I bought this car becasue the model is beautiful and in my country is so difficult to found a new car in the dealer ship because does not exist newer models....
With the way US news media is showing your country lately I am amazed you were able to get a windshield into the country and installed so quickly
Sponsored