Console and Interior Illumination - Worth it or not worth it?

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I'm in the process of deciding what, if any, accessories to get with my coupe. I'm not a handy guy so doing anything myself is out. So my question is whether the console and/or interior blue led lighting that is offered is worth it or not. It's hard to tell from the pics. I'm assuming the sedan offered these same two options so maybe some of you have it and can chime in. thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Sorry, I should have posted this in the Cosmetic Modifications - Exterior / Interior forum, you can close/lock this and I'll post it over there.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I opted to pass on the console lighting thinking it was a bit too bright (or loud) and purchased the ambient lighting.

In retrospect, I find the ambient lighting nice but it really only highlights the shoes I am wearing. Nothing too exciting! The console lighting would be a better choice for me IF the console lighting can be dimmed up or down. I am still not clear on that point though.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I opted to pass on the console lighting thinking it was a bit too bright (or loud) and purchased the ambient lighting.

In retrospect, I find the ambient lighting nice but it really only highlights the shoes I am wearing. Nothing too exciting! The console lighting would be a better choice for me IF the console lighting can be dimmed up or down. I am still not clear on that point though.
It is dimmable with the dim knob on the dash...I have both. The ambient lighting is nice specially how is reflects off my aluminum pedals and how it helps when my wife drops something.

OP
OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
So the Interior illumination is just by your feet? And the console illumination, does that go around the whole console or how is it situated?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the Interior illumination is just by your feet? And the console illumination, does that go around the whole console or how is it situated?
Right about the interior illumination. Console illumination is mounted on each side of the console above the bottom storage where the usb connection is.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was originally going to get the console illumination but i find that the tiny blue LED thats above the dash (where the sunroof controls are) provides just the right amount of ambient light so I'm not going to bother. You might find the same thing

OP
OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I got both but I don't even know how to turn it on or adjust it. I completely forgot about it when I picked up the car yesterday. Dumb question but do both of those come on automatically? How do you adjust the brightness.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got both but I don't even know how to turn it on or adjust it. I completely forgot about it when I picked up the car yesterday. Dumb question but do both of those come on automatically? How do you adjust the brightness.
Turns on with your headlights. You can a must with knob on the instrument panel.

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
For the price, no its not worth it. If you just want sime ambient light I picked up a 4 tube ledglow system on amazon for $30. Like $150 less than the oem lights. Took 1 hour to zip tie everything...done. And it has 6 different colors to choose from.

OP
OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Thanks CT. Just tried it out in the garage. I like them both.
Sponsored