darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Evening all,

So, I feel like I am the only one that does not have tinted windows on my car (2017 1.5 CVT). I guess I am curious if there are any other souls out there that would prefer not to tint them. There are situations that I do wish I had them, like if I want to look at someone without being seen. But generally speaking those situations are few and far between. I am more concerned that I would not be able to see good at night and it's more of a magnet for people to think you are doing something illicit inside. Sure the ladies are all like "zomg your car would look so much better with tints" but I'm too geeky to attract them anyway o_O

So, anyone else out there also not a fan of tints for one reason or another?
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I myself perfer the windows to be tinted. You should check your local laws to,see how much you can tint. Below is the new law in Ontario which was just implemented:

"Any vehicles built after January 1, 2017 cannot have any aftermarket window tinting on their windshield. The front door windows cannot be tinted more than 30% darkness. There are no new regulations for the rear windows."

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't tint my windows on this car because i hate the limited visibility at night and the distoryed colors during the day. It is fine for me because i only drive at morning and evening and i park underground during the week, so the car is never under heavy sunshine. I bought a windshield shade and nets for side and back windows in case i have to park outside.

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2017
Country flag
I would definitely recommend tints as long as your state law allows it. I live in California and you can't have any front tints (but I did it anyway :cool:). It really helps with the sun since I have an all black car. I tinted my fronts 35% and backs 5% and tbh, at night its pretty hard to see out the back windows but you get used to it.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
For Ontatio: "Any vehicles built after January 1, 2017 cannot have any aftermarket window tinting on their windshield. The front door windows cannot be tinted more than 30% darkness. There are no new regulations for the rear windows.".

When someone talks about 30% tint, does it mean that it allows 30% light to get in or does it mean it allows 70%?

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For Ontatio: "Any vehicles built after January 1, 2017 cannot have any aftermarket window tinting on their windshield. The front door windows cannot be tinted more than 30% darkness. There are no new regulations for the rear windows.".

When someone talks about 30% tint, does it mean that it allows 30% light to get in or does it mean it allows 70%?
The OP's location says Earth so idk which country or state he lives in lmao. So 30% tint allows 30% light to get in. So my back windows have a 5% tint, which only allows 5% of light to come in. You can't even see inside my back windows in the daytime when you put your face against the window, I love it.

Also, through 7 months of owning my tints, I've only gotten pulled over once for front tints a few weeks ago and got a ticket ):

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The OP's location says Earth so idk which country or state he lives in lmao. So 30% tint allows 30% light to get in. So my back windows have a 5% tint, which only allows 5% of light to come in. You can't even see inside my back windows in the daytime when you put your face against the window, I love it.
Also, through 7 months of owning my tints, I've only gotten pulled over once for front tints a few weeks ago and got a ticket ):
Thanks for the clarification.
What are you going to do? You don't want to keep getting tickets!

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a friend who is a cop and he writes off the tickets for me so I just have to pay a $15 fine everytime :beer:

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our legal limit up here is 30% but majority seems to be below it and police doesn't enforce it.

I have 15% on both of my daily drivers. *knock-on-wood* lol

I've never got it done until my current, I always had the attitude of my windows are rolled down lol IDK but after finally get it done I wished I did.

As for visibility I'll admit it took a few days to get used to.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please stop calling it tints. Tint is the singular and the plural. But yes, I don't know why you wouldn't tint any car these days to legal standards. Some people want to put limo on every window and even tint their windshield and that IMO is just dumb. I drove a trade in a long time ago that had such dark tint that, even at noon on a summer day in Phoenix, I could barely see out the front window.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
This happened to me on Friday. I'm at a service area on the PA Turnpike. Park my car and walk to the restaurant. On the way, I walk past a darkly tinted SUV and the damn lady almost hits me - probably because she couldn't see me. I'm 6' tall, and quite easy to see.

I jumped out of the way, and the driver still had no idea what happened. When she finally realized, she was really shaken. I don't think she moved for 3 minutes.

Scared the hell out of me - if hit, I'd have been very seriously injured.

I hate tinting.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
tints are cool!
make the car 1000x times looks better

Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tinting - Is It Worth It? Noiceaf

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I'm pretty sure it's less than 70% lighting gets you a ticket for the driver and front passenger. Meaning 70% in 'tint' language.
For example: I got 18% on my back so that's letting in only 18% light. 70 would be pretty much factory tint
Sponsored

Last edited: