$50,000 for a low mileage 20 year old Si. Would you do it?

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
That person has more money than brains.
Or, has a ton of money BECAUSE of his brains. Most cars are expenses, that one is an investment. Although, there are better ways to invest your money. Though I am sure they have those bases covered as well and collecting cars is a hobby for them.
Sponsored

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
It’s an absolutely beautiful Civic but come on man, 50 LARGE for that thing? I know a lot of older enthusiast Hondas are molested rice projects but there are plenty of Si and ITR models out there that are still clean and none of them are fetching numbers like this.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As nice as it is, no way. The person that bought it had too much money.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Or, has a ton of money BECAUSE of his brains. Most cars are expenses, that one is an investment. Although, there are better ways to invest your money. Though I am sure they have those bases covered as well and collecting cars is a hobby for them.
I could imagine a collector like Jay Leno wanting an example like this. His collection isn't simply the most expensive, the fastest, and the "greatest", he's got a lot of interesting cars, too.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean, really, we've got Type-R owners here who swap out parts before the new car smell fades away, and those examples immediately become less collectible since they're not stock anymore.

If, in another twenty years, you can find an FK8 — the first Civic Type-R model that was brought to North America — that is still 100% stock, hasn't been stolen, doesn't have glued-on interior decorations, still has its original shift knob, hasn't had its ECU remapped, hasn't had its exhaust bastardized, hasn't had _insert common mods here_ done to it, wouldn't it also be as much of a time capsule as this EM1 (and the white ITR mentioned a couple posts back)?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I mean, really, we've got Type-R owners here who swap out parts before the new car smell fades away, and those examples immediately become less collectible since they're not stock anymore.

If, in another twenty years, you can find an FK8 — the first Civic Type-R model that was brought to North America — that is still 100% stock, hasn't been stolen, doesn't have glued-on interior decorations, still has its original shift knob, hasn't had its ECU remapped, hasn't had its exhaust bastardized, hasn't had _insert common mods here_ done to it, wouldn't it also be as much of a time capsule as this EM1 (and the white ITR mentioned a couple posts back)?
Maybe, if it also hadn't been driven more than a few thousand miles. Which might then make it the saddest Type-R in history :cry:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe, if it also hadn't been driven more than a few thousand miles. Which might then make it the saddest Type-R in history :cry:
Depends on who's buying. ;)

I think I'd want a classic car that's in usable condition, that's been properly maintained but not kept so stock that I'd worry about preserving it. Imagine something that's nice enough for 4th Of July parades or hanging out at Cars N' Coffee, but would get laughed out of Pebble Beach. But I also don't have the resources to hold a collection of cars as keepsakes, so I'm not the kind of buyer who'd want this EM1.