Woodro

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I was on the highway 2/3 weeks ago and my clutch went out, along with a terrible smell. I had to get it towed back to where I live later that day because I could not shift into any of the gears (get the car to move) .. I think that the issue is the clutch because it will not shift, and the terrible smell. I do recall reading many people talking about 10th Gen Honda civics, that if you do start to add power mods to the car, you're going to require a new clutch pretty quickly. . I have a few questions:

1. What is the name of the part(s) that I need to order in order to replace the current (stock) clutch that has failed? && Where do you recommend that I order those parts?

2. Is removing the old clutch, and installing a new one something that most car owners are capable of, or does it 100% require service from a professional mechanic?

3. Is there a way to troubleshoot/diagnose the vehicle to reveal exactly what it's malfunction is?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** 27 MARCH 2024 UPDATE ** --- I've finally got the funds and time coming up to get a new clutch in the car and start driving again... it's been hell but here we are.. There is a guy that says he can install an AC clutch .. with the part and labor totaling out at $2,800.00 Total.. I don't know much about the brand of clutch but he said it'd be able to handle the demands of the car with modifications.. This is a bit pricey though.. my other option is to buy the Drivetrain Parts :: Clutch/Flywheel :: 10th Gen Civic :: RV6™ 1.5T FK8 Clutch Retrofit Flywheel for 2016+ Honda Civic & Integra 1.5T Exedy Clutch Combo - Engine Parts & Tuning Solutions - Products - Phearable.net - for half the price, and save some money by doing the install myself...

Can anyone steer me in the right direction on what to do in this situation, I have the resources (Time & Money) Just need to be told the right moves to make given my situation. Thank you, any assistance is gladly appreciated..

- W
Sponsored

OP
OP
Woodro

Woodro

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Or can someone confirm that this clutch kit / components is going to work with my vehicle

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Don't take this the wrong way but based on the questions you asked, you need a mechanic to do this job for you. Don't try this yourself.

OP
OP
Woodro

Woodro

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Don't take this the wrong way but based on the questions you asked, you need a mechanic to do this job for you. Don't try this yourself.
Thanks for the reply! .. Doing it myself though. Witness me.

Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 BB FL5, 20 FBO FC3 (traded), 15 ML250, 04 325xi
Country flag
I was on the highway 2/3 weeks ago and my clutch went out, along with a terrible smell. I had to get it towed back to where I live later that day because I could not shift into any of the gears (get the car to move) .. I think that the issue is the clutch because it will not shift, and the terrible smell. I do recall reading many people talking about 10th Gen Honda civics, that if you do start to add power mods to the car, you're going to require a new clutch pretty quickly. . I have a few questions:

1. What is the name of the part(s) that I need to order in order to replace the current (stock) clutch that has failed? && Where do you recommend that I order those parts?

2. Is removing the old clutch, and installing a new one something that most car owners are capable of, or does it 100% require service from a professional mechanic?

3. Is there a way to troubleshoot/diagnose the vehicle to reveal exactly what it's malfunction is?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** 27 MARCH 2024 UPDATE ** --- I've finally got the funds and time coming up to get a new clutch in the car and start driving again... it's been hell but here we are.. There is a guy that says he can install an AC clutch .. with the part and labor totaling out at $2,800.00 Total.. I don't know much about the brand of clutch but he said it'd be able to handle the demands of the car with modifications.. This is a bit pricey though.. my other option is to buy the Drivetrain Parts :: Clutch/Flywheel :: 10th Gen Civic :: RV6™ 1.5T FK8 Clutch Retrofit Flywheel for 2016+ Honda Civic & Integra 1.5T Exedy Clutch Combo - Engine Parts & Tuning Solutions - Products - Phearable.net - for half the price, and save some money by doing the install myself...

Can anyone steer me in the right direction on what to do in this situation, I have the resources (Time & Money) Just need to be told the right moves to make given my situation. Thank you, any assistance is gladly appreciated..

- W
I'll sell you my stock clutch and flywheel out of my 2020 Si. I removed it at 14k. Yours for $500. HMU

pwnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Rv6 retrofit with exedy stage 0.
I did it without a real mechanic (my friends helped me lift the transmission back in place).

It seems daunting, but once you dig in, you get it.

I did the clutch and flywheel, clutch master cylinder, steel line, all 3 motor mounts, and shifter bushings all at the same time.

The only issues or things to point out is.... I didn't know how to properly seat the driver side CV axle, so I fucked that up first.. and you'll need some way to realign the subframe. Honda sells a tool, but I kind of didn't do that, and I'm not going to offer what I did as a suggestion.

I used a second jack to hold and manuever the engine while taking off and remounting the transmission. The ACT clutch replacement video on YouTube is really good. Someone also put all of the steps from the video into bullet points, with the torque specs, but you'll have to try and find that somewhere or make your own notes.

Good luck, you can do this in a day if you don't have any hiccups. Shop quoted 10 hours (wasn't about to pay $1600 in labor).

The link you posted should be correct.

OP
OP
Woodro

Woodro

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I'll sell you my stock clutch and flywheel out of my 2020 Si. I removed it at 14k. Yours for $500. HMU
I already purchased a new one. Thank you for the offer though.. Also with the increased demand I've created for my clutch, I think re-installing a stock clutch would just recreate the problem I have now lol.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I already purchased a new one. Thank you for the offer though.. Also with the increased demand I've created for my clutch, I think re-installing a stock clutch would just recreate the problem I have now lol.

If you haven't already, then download the service manual from this site & read through a clutch job. It's a large project, but totally doable on jackstands.

Some bolts/ nuts are single use items, so make a list of those items & order ahead of doing install- if you plan to re-use, then up to you.

Also plan a way to support engine, either from above, below or both ( I went with above & below, so everything lined up perfect for re-assembly). The sub-frame alignment tool makes that part of the job really easy, so again order ahead or fabricate similar tool yourself.

All these tips are in the service manual, so worth taking the time to read through the job a few times & refer back as needed during the install.

OP
OP
Woodro

Woodro

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Got it in, finished up today and it's running great! Thanks everyone for any help they offered.. It's been a process but it's complete.
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch Fried (Potentially) - Need Help... Thank you c2
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch Fried (Potentially) - Need Help... Thank you c6