Clicking Noise After Turning On/Off Air Contioner/Blower

Gozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
This past weekend, I heard a clicking noise coming from my dashboard/center vent area from my 2016 Honda Civic Touring.

Upon some further testing from myself, I noticed that the clicking noise seems to be related to the air conditioner/blower. I normally press the "auto" button and then set my temperature appropriately. It's more difficult to hear the clicking noise when I turn the system on, due to the fan noise, and even more difficult to here if the audio is playing.

I notice the same click when turning off the climate control system altogether. It is easier to hear the click after turning off the system, with the audio system off.

The click noise seems to last for about a minute or so and comes in about 3-5 seconds intervals. In other words, I turn off the climate control system, in a few seconds I'll hear a click, which sounds like it's coming from the center vents/dashboard, and this click will come and go every 3-5 seconds and will eventually stop after about a minute or so.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. From my searching online, I'm come across potential causes being a blend door actuator or a relay for the A/C.

Other than the noise itself though, the system seems to be functioning normally without any other issues as far as I can tell.

I do have an appointment scheduled at my dealership for this Wednesday, 7/20.
Sponsored

jausch27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Does the clicking sound sound like a ticking clock by any chance? I'm dealing with a similar problem that I posted about a couple days ago but the dealership can't seem to replicate it.

OP
OP

Gozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Does the clicking sound sound like a ticking clock by any chance? I'm dealing with a similar problem that I posted about a couple days ago but the dealership can't seem to replicate it.
Hi @jausch27,

I read through your posts, and listed to your video, but unfortunately your noise sounds different from the one I'm hearing.
Sponsored