Civic Si OTD price thread

Thomastrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Buick Skylark
Turned down a 25,800 otd price today. Didn't know the deal it sounds like I was getting. Will probably go back or talk to one or two more. Pros of living within 50 miles of 4 or 5 dealerships I suppose.
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Turned down a 25,800 otd price today. Didn't know the deal it sounds like I was getting. Will probably go back or talk to one or two more. Pros of living within 50 miles of 4 or 5 dealerships I suppose.
Man... I would take even 500 more over that if I were to buy right now. So low... it's almost too low. I.e. it's hard to believe it's the actual OTD price.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Just to clarify -- I wasn't questioning you, I was questioning the dealer (that they would actually sell at that price)...

Your taxes seem about 300 less than in my state, but it's still a very good deal I think, given all the crazy markups almost everywhere else.

Case in point, I got one OTD quote so far and it was 27,400 (off the truck/no add-ons). I'm gonna wait and keep shopping...

Good luck!

Last edited:

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I am getting a little irritated now. I have asked my salesman several times now to ask their inventory manager to give me the exact date my White Si will be in production. He keeps responding, that he is still waiting on his inventory manager and that the inventory manager is also waiting for a response?? Don't these guys all have access to Honda's Interactive Network? They should be able to login to that and find out easily all those dates no? Maybe I am just getting antsy, but it is definitely not helping that this salesman is not putting in much effort to find out, especially when I left a deposit. I am starting to worry that they are trying to screw me over somehow...

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
So I am getting a little irritated now. I have asked my salesman several times now to ask their inventory manager to give me the exact date my White Si will be in production. He keeps responding, that he is still waiting on his inventory manager and that the inventory manager is also waiting for a response?? Don't these guys all have access to Honda's Interactive Network? They should be able to login to that and find out easily all those dates no? Maybe I am just getting antsy, but it is definitely not helping that this salesman is not putting in much effort to find out, especially when I left a deposit. I am starting to worry that they are trying to screw me over somehow...
It sounds to me like that dealer hasn't been allocated a white sedan yet. They're stalling in hopes that one will suddenly appear so they can give you a tentative production date and wipe the sweat from their brow. Remember: Dealer's can't order specific colors - they only get what Honda allocates for the first couple of months after a new model is released. After a while, they'll be able to request a specific color which gives them priority to receive one from the next batch that Honda builds - whenever that may be.

A dealer taking a deposit has absolutely no effect on production. Honda will build what they want to build. That deposit has nothing to do with Honda. All a deposit does is make a buyer feel committed to buying from that particular dealer. They're under no legal obligation to reserve a particular vehicle for you just because you left a deposit. If another buyer comes along offering more money for that vehicle, they'll just lie to you while the other buyer is off driving a new white sedan.

I hate to dump a bucket of reality on this situation, but if I were you I'd get my deposit back and find a white sedan at another dealer.

Last edited:

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
It sounds to me like that dealer hasn't been allocated a white sedan yet. They're stalling in hopes that one will suddenly appear so they can give you a tentative production date and wipe the sweat from their brow. Remember: Dealer's can't order specific colors - they only get what Honda allocates for the first couple of months after a new model is released. After a while, they'll be able to request a specific color which gives them priority to receive one from the next batch that Honda builds - whenever that may be.
I've been able to see that my dealer has a blue sedan "in transit" on the honda build your own site for many weeks now - and they just got a VIN recently. So yeah you're likely right, and a good way to test might be to see if Honda's website shows that dealer with anything on its way.

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
I picked my Si coupe up today for ~$23,200 plus tax and title. We got a coupe and a sedan and they both sold within 24 hours of being unloaded off the transport.

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
I'm the finance manager, I could make it up to show you $10,000 OTD... The sedan we sold to a customer for $200 under sticker

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

A dealer taking a deposit has absolutely no effect on production. Honda will build what they want to build. That deposit has nothing to do with Honda. All a deposit does is make a buyer feel committed to buying from that particular dealer. They're under no legal obligation to reserve a particular vehicle for you just because you left a deposit. If another buyer comes along offering more money for that vehicle, they'll just lie to you while the other buyer is off driving a new white sedan.

I hate to dump a bucket of reality on this situation, but if I were you I'd get my deposit back and find a white sedan at another dealer.
Honestly, this is what I was afraid of... but at the same time though it's very odd. The first dealer I contacted (AutoNation) they told me basically that they were not getting any White Si until August. However, that sales rep did tell me that their competitor here is for sure getting one in July. Findlay Honda (current dealer) has basically told me that exact same thing awhile back when I first inquired about the car. They said that production would start in mid-June and won't be delivered till mid to late July. So I don't think that they are stalling, but me just being way too zealous and eager when the car hasn't even gone into production... Are there any certified dealers who can login to that Honda Interactive Web and see if there are any White sedans coming to Vegas?

Come up to Michigan, test drove a white one today!
Vegas might be a little far from Michigan... :eek:

I know for sure there are two dealers in California (Corona and Riverside) who are getting multiple White Sedans... If I don't hear anything from my guy this week, I might just go to California and buy the car there and drive it back (best time to break in!).

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
If I don't hear anything from my guy this week, I might just go to California and buy the car there and drive it back (best time to break in!).
Good idea; I would only make sure to communicate that to your dealer, to give them a chance to do something about it (if they can).

Also consider renegotiating you deal, if it takes long enough, e.g. several weeks. The original deal was made when it was still very early in the game, but after a few weeks, the market will have changed and you'd likely get a better deal if you were making a new one then, instead of sitting on the old one with the "early" (i.e. higher) price.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I was watching a video on YouTube, "Your Honda Man" channel where he shows the dealership orders on the Si. This picture is making me feel A LOT better about why my dealership has not really responded about the production date. You can clearly see in this picture that their particular dealership has 3 on order, but the black and white have still not gone into production. I am assuming this is what my guys were looking at as well when they told me that they were for sure getting a White Sedan, just seems like they are unable to actual production dates yet.

Does anyone know how the production cycle works? For example, my dealer said they are getting a Black, White, and Grey. The Black has just arrived and is sitting on the lot. When does production begin for the next two? Do they gauge it by when the dealership is able to sell their allocation?

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si OTD price thread Capture.PNG
Sponsored