Civic Si OTD price thread

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
There is a White Coupe with the High Performance Summer Tires on the lot of one of the dealers here... oh man I am sooooo tempted but I really want the sedan!
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Accepted this today, comes with splash guards, should be here in two weeks. Gray sedan.

Screenshot_20170616-100458.png
WOW that's a great deal. I'll be damned!
It would be still much cheaper than the offers I'm getting down here even including the cost of a plane ticket/if I flew there! :cry::banghead:

I think imma start looking out of state for deals like that. This is just nuts.

Do you mind sharing what dealership this was?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Accepted this today, comes with splash guards, should be here in two weeks. Gray sedan.

Screenshot_20170616-100458.png
Very reasonable this early. That's a true/honest/actual $1,235 below MSRP plus "free" splash guards that would cost ~$90 online. Splash guards are one of those things that I think should be standard equipment. I also think they help "complete" the look. Now that I've had mine on for a week or so, seeing an Si without them makes it look like it left the factory unfinished. Good job.

Inventory is beginning to build, the initial rush of those of us who just had to be first (and paid the price) is tapering, the Type R is now arriving at dealerships, and there are several Si known to still be sitting unsold at dealers - all resulting in prices finally coming down.

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Just to put this into perspective (without going totally nuts like some of those in the "naughty dealers list" thread), here's one I got this morning, for comparison:

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si OTD price thread upload_2017-6-16_14-36-24

That written-in number was a one-day price/only if I bought it today. (Which would be fine, were it 26,600 like I was asking -- I would have bought it today.)

Also got a couple others within $100-$200 of that, so it's apparently "normal" around here. :nono:

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Just to put this into perspective (without going totally nuts like some of those in the "naughty dealers list" thread), here's one I got this morning, for comparison:

upload_2017-6-16_14-36-24.png

That written-in number was a one-day price/only if I bought it today. (Which would be fine, were it 26,600 like I was asking -- I would have bought it today.)

Also got a couple others within $100-$200 of that, so it's apparently "normal" around here. :nono:
Don't fall on the one day pricing spiel. It's just vomit being regurgitated from the latest sales "seminar" they attended on how to close deals lol

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Don't fall on the one day pricing spiel. It's just vomit being regurgitated from the latest sales "seminar" they attended on how to close deals lol
I know; I look at these things as part of the negotiation game; it's a give-and-take, i.e. both parties need to feel they "did well" in the transaction. I'd be more than happy to "buy today" -- if that gets me the price I want. Doesn't cost me anything, and if that makes them feel good -- that's great! Much better than them feeling good about installing some "package" crap on it or in some other way talking me into a higher price.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I know; I look at these things as part of the negotiation game; it's a give-and-take, i.e. both parties need to feel they "did well" in the transaction. I'd be more than happy to "buy today" -- if that gets me the price I want. Doesn't cost me anything, and if that makes them feel good -- that's great! Much better than them feeling good about installing some "package" crap on it or in some other way talking me into a higher price.
Eh, I don't play games. When I bought my EXT. I literally said this is the price I want to pay; I'm not playing games, you want to sell the car or not? Got my price we both feel good. No need to go back and forth IMO

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Eh, I don't play games. When I bought my EXT. I literally said this is the price I want to pay; I'm not playing games, you want to sell the car or not? Got my price we both feel good. No need to go back and forth IMO
There is no back-and-forth. Perhaps you missed the part where I said "if that gets me the price I want".
If they want to "play a game" that makes them feel better and doesn't cost me anything, i.e. I end up getting the exact price I wanted, then I'll do whatever it is they ask (usually silly things like "but you have to buy today!") It doesn't change anything for me, as long as, again, I get the price I want.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
WOW that's a great deal. I'll be damned!
It would be still much cheaper than the offers I'm getting down here even including the cost of a plane ticket/if I flew there! :cry::banghead:

I think imma start looking out of state for deals like that. This is just nuts.

Do you mind sharing what dealership this was?
Crap. I just told my dealer 26k OTD haha (after a 26.5k "guarantee"). Still waiting for him to find/intercept one.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Which one are you looking to get and from which dealer?
Modern Steel Metallic sedan with high-wall floor mats, trunk tray, and splash guards - from Autonation. I don't think they have any in stock, but he's trying to get one located. He already said OK to 26.5k, so I'm trying for 26k OTD. - Also reached out to Economy Honda in Chattanooga as I've been in touch with them a bit. Any recommendations or experiences? (Rusty Wallace? Morristown? Airport etc)

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Modern Steel Metallic sedan with high-wall floor mats, trunk tray, and splash guards - from Autonation. I don't think they have any in stock, but he's trying to get one located. He already said OK to 26.5k, so I'm trying for 26k OTD. - Also reached out to Economy Honda in Chattanooga as I've been in touch with them a bit. Any recommendations or experiences? (Rusty Wallace? Morristown? Airport etc)
I got mine at Rusty Wallace with 4 miles and I went with them to fill up on 93. Put $9k + down. No mark up plus been dealing with them for years. 26.5k is good, even if you don't get 26k.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
I got mine at Rusty Wallace with 4 miles and I went with them to fill up on 93. Put $9k + down. No mark up plus been dealing with them for years. 26.5k is good, even if you don't get 26k.
That sounds like a really easy process and a good price. How long for them to "order"/find you one? What's your sales rep's name? And, how much was the deposit?

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So after a lot of back and forth, I have decided (thanks to @zroger73) to drive out to Utah to take a look at a White Si Sedan. It's only an hour and half drive, so shouldn't be too bad. I am seriously crossing my fingers and hope that I will be driving out of Utah in my new Si (wish me luck!).

It's hilarious because I called my local dealer and told them I would like to cancel my deposit. I have literally been asking everyday on production dates and delivery, but heard nothing back. After I told them I wanted to cancel, they suddenly had the answers to all my questions. He tells me that it will go into production 6/20 - 6/23 with an estimated delivery at the end of July to first week of August. Told him that I've already been waiting a month and that I cannot wait another, so Utah here I come!
Sponsored