Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Can a hatch get some love too? Lol:wave: (Yes, I installed a Brembo big brake kit conversion on a non-Type R)

Anyone hmu on Instagram also if you wanna link up for car shoots (Los Angeles Area): jayy__swish

CD1CAAAC-69F7-4E29-8180-5B827A505A51.jpeg

24AC8F93-9762-4CD1-95C4-22B9148B94D8.jpeg

01C2193F-55C8-406E-8CA0-8A952B4E3429.jpeg

1720C7B0-44C6-469B-8E3C-79C5AEBDBD20.jpeg

6890C678-9CCA-4DD5-8E12-3E843388F792.jpeg

5A489423-9F1A-44E4-9AAD-AA967794A7C2.jpeg

D030C611-FF62-490F-A733-B35D9CE950A6.jpeg

F05DA462-FD80-430A-BCA4-1B0A94946156.jpeg
Came across your car. You got one super clean nice ass car. Regarding the brembo brakes, do you have them in the rear as well? Are they from a Type r? If so, what year? I have a 2018 Civic si and want to upgrade to brembo brakes as well. Any suggestions? Also, with the lowering springs why did you go with the pros and not the sports?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Came across your car. You got one super clean nice ass car. Regarding the brembo brakes, do you have them in the rear as well? Are they from a Type r? If so, what year? I have a 2018 Civic si and want to upgrade to brembo brakes as well. Any suggestions? Also, with the lowering springs why did you go with the pros and not the sports?
Appreciate the love ! The brembo calipers are from a Hyundai Genesis they fit on our cars without any modifications or brackets needed. Mounts up to the stock locations. The issue with it tho is they’re MASSIVE so wheel selection is kind of tricky. With the 27won, Spoon, Buddy Club, Stoptech, or Wilwood BBK you have better wheel selection since they use a bracket to sit the caliper/brake pads near the stock location, where as the brembo caliper sits farther away (out) compared to the stock location. The genesis brembo route is the cheapest route if you get bare minimum compared to the other BBK’s I named. I got the kit here:
http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores.com/Brembo-Big-Brake-Upgrades_p_28.html
..and for the rears there are no brembo calipers, or any aftermarket rear kit available. There probably won’t be any also because of the electronic parking brake so it’s basically a never going to happen, but tbh it’s not even needed. I mean look at the type R they have the same rear brakes as all the other civic models and it’s track oriented, the only difference is the front brake calipers being brembo. Most of the civic’s weight is in the front & all front calipers in every car do most of the work anyways. So nothing is done in the rear except drilled and slotted R1Concept rotors. For lowering springs I have the Eibach sportline springs

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Appreciate the love ! The brembo calipers are from a Hyundai Genesis they fit on our cars without any modifications or brackets needed. Mounts up to the stock locations. The issue with it tho is they’re MASSIVE so wheel selection is kind of tricky. With the 27won, Spoon, Buddy Club, Stoptech, or Wilwood BBK you have better wheel selection since they use a bracket to sit the caliper/brake pads near the stock location, where as the brembo caliper sits farther away (out) compared to the stock location. The genesis brembo route is the cheapest route if you get bare minimum compared to the other BBK’s I named. I got the kit here:
http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores.com/Brembo-Big-Brake-Upgrades_p_28.html
..and for the rears there are no brembo calipers, or any aftermarket rear kit available. There probably won’t be any also because of the electronic parking brake so it’s basically a never going to happen, but tbh it’s not even needed. I mean look at the type R they have the same rear brakes as all the other civic models and it’s track oriented, the only difference is the front brake calipers being brembo. Most of the civic’s weight is in the front & all front calipers in every car do most of the work anyways. So nothing is done in the rear except drilled and slotted R1Concept rotors. For lowering springs I have the Eibach sportline springs
what offset and wheels are you running to make the bbk fit? I know rim design plays a huge factor to make sure this kit can fit as well

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
what offset and wheels are you running to make the bbk fit? I know rim design plays a huge factor to make sure this kit can fit as well
I have Avid1 Av27 18x8.5 +35 with a 3mm spacer so basically a +32 offset. I have bare minimum clearance, so eventually I will switch wheels

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have Avid1 Av27 18x8.5 +35 with a 3mm spacer so basically a +32 offset. I have bare minimum clearance, so eventually I will switch wheels
Is 8.5 standard on hatches? I know the Si’s is usually 9.5 but I was planning on getting 35 off set but get the av06 instead just not sure if it’ll clear but can always get 5mm spacers to help push it out more to counter the design

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is 8.5 standard on hatches? I know the Si’s is usually 9.5 but I was planning on getting 35 off set but get the av06 instead just not sure if it’ll clear but can always get 5mm spacers to help push it out more to counter the design
For 2019 models with the sport wheels (sport, sport touring, & Si) from factory the specs were 18x8 +50, not sure what the 2020 models run since they changed the wheels on them but I imagine something similar. I would order one wheel to test the fitment, before ordering the rest. The lug nuts on the car with Avid1 wheels and a spacer thread engagement becomes iffy (at least for the AV27). The reason I run a 3mm spacer and not a 5, is because with a 5mm spacer I had little thread engagement so I went with a 3mm which gave me the minimum. I bought conical ET lug nuts so I can run a 5mm spacer while getting a bigger bite on the threads, but need to re-bore the lug holes on the wheels a tiny bit to accommodate the extended bit on the lug but. Just haven’t gotten around to it lol

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Is 8.5 standard on hatches? I know the Si’s is usually 9.5 but I was planning on getting 35 off set but the av06 just not sure if it’ll clear but can always get 5mm spacers to help push it out more to counter the design
For 2019 models with the sport wheels (sport, sport touring, & Si) from factory the specs were 18x8 +50, not sure what the 2020 models run since they changed the wheels on them but I imagine something similar. I would order one wheel to test the fitment, before ordering the rest. The lug nuts on the car with Avid1 wheels and a spacer thread engagement becomes iffy (at least for the AV27). The reason I run a 3mm spacer and not a 5, is because with a 5mm spacer I had little thread engagement so I went with a 3mm which gave me the minimum. I bought conical ET lug nuts so I can run a 5mm spacer while getting a bigger bite on the threads, but need to re-bore the lug holes on the wheels a tiny bit to accommodate the extended bit on the lug but. Just haven’t gotten around to it lol
I read that too, that others with wheel spacers had to get the garage line wheel spacers to extend the lug nuts further to get a better bite down on the wheel. I thought about getting them the smallest spacer they offer is 15mm tho but with them extended the lug nuts im guessing it would be okay but put a little extra strain on the suspension long term wise lol
https://garageline.com/honda/280-22...-spacer-combo.html#/27-spacers_size-15mm_pair

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I read that too, that others with wheel spacers had to get the garage line wheel spacers to extend the lug nuts further to get a better bite down on the wheel. I thought about getting them the smallest spacer they offer is 15mm tho but with them extended the lug nuts im guessing it would be okay but put a little extra strain on the suspension long term wise lol
https://garageline.com/honda/280-22...-spacer-combo.html#/27-spacers_size-15mm_pair
For stock wheels and running Brembo’s I believe you’ll need a 20mm spacer minimum. With a Avid1 wheels a 5mm spacer and conical ET lug nuts you’ll be fine, just a matter of re-boring the holes if they don’t fit

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For stock wheels and running Brembo’s I believe you’ll need a 20mm spacer minimum. With a Avid1 wheels a 5mm spacer and conical ET lug nuts you’ll be fine, just a matter of re-boring the holes if they don’t fit
Ah good to know I’ll keep that in mind

xgen_turbo

First Name
T/Rutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 Si here! Would love a link to the official Red Honda emblems front and rear if you guys know of them... thanks fam love all your rides✊??
Honda Civic 10th gen LUNAR SILVER METALLIC Civic Si Thread AB816776-B969-4F4B-8D16-3FF6422E8425

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited: