Civic si brake pad recommendations. Street use.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I tried scouring the forums for any comprehensive pads list for the si. Can’t find much. I probably need to replace my pads before I end up on a nightly news headline “Uber driver crashes car falling off cliff”. I definitely don’t want to buy those gold/platinum pads from autozone/advance/o’Reillys. From the video that Engineering explained, it’s been shown that gold/platinum brakes are a downgrade. I don’t really want to buy oem since they usually are overpriced unless they are best I’m going to get currently​
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I swapped for Porterfield R4S street pads all around and are happy with them. I don't think it improved the initial bite much compared to OEM but once you start pushing more you can feel the improved friction and stopping power.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey Long, we have tested and cataloged several options for Si pads, rotors, and brake lines. Not an easy task, braking options for the Si are all over the place indeed, but here it is:

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si?pf_pt_product_type=Braking

EBC Redstuff Pads Front and Rear will be plenty good for street use. If your rotors need replacing as well then you have several options as well. What's remaining is Blank Rear Rotors for the Si, we're still on the hunt for them - typically rear rotors are the last item need replacing unless yours are warped.

Let us know if you have any questions :)

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
I'm a big fan of EBC RedStuff. I've used several different performance pads on different cars but these were the best balance of stopping power plus no noise and low dust. In cold/wet conditions, you do need to get a little heat in them before they reach their full bite, but we're not talking race pads here where they need a whole lot of heat to come up to temp. A couple stops in the neighborhood before going on a main road was all it took.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OEM. just get them online hondapartscheap or another one of their 1000 websites they own.
Sponsored