Civic revs at high RPM because of the climate control when using Factory remote start. Is there a way to change those climate control settings?

First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
hello, I just got a new used 2016 civic touring. Whenever I start the car using factory remote start, it seems the cabin fans are blowing at full speed when I get into the car. As soon as I push the start button, the fans turn off and things seem somewhat normal. The engine is also running at higher RPM (1500-2000) when I use remote start.

i just donā€™t like seeing the car using so much power compared to a cold start done by pushing the start button.

does anyone know what I need to change to minimize or stop this? I do turn off my fans before stopping the car. Winter is nearby and I donā€™t wanna put too much stress on battery, engine etc.
Sponsored

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
No way to change it. 72*F is the setpoint. I had to chuckle when you said you don't want to put stress on the system - the engine idle increases so stress does NOT affect the engine.

The climate system turns the fans on full speed during remote start to circulate as much air as possible to heat/cool quicker. When you get in and press the start button, the fans drop back down to a comfortable setting, and for good reason. If you notice in the winter, you start your car and have your climate control in auto, the fans will not blow very much. Then some way down the road you hear your fans start to ramp up. This is smart technology - you don't want cold air blowing on you. The vehicle waits until the coolant temperature reaches ~100*F before it begins ramping up the fans. Also, the remote start system activates the defrost setting. This combined with the full fan speed helps remove frost from the windows quicker.

The battery is only used to start the vehicle - the alternator takes over after that. You're not stressing a thing.

It is a sophisticated machine working exactly as the big brain engineers designed it. It is not a delicate machine that needs to be cuddled.

OP
OP
TelevisionPrograms
First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks everyone for helpful replies. I did find this in the manual. The system is working the way it is designed to be.

While the engine is running, the vehicle will automatically activate climate control with a preset temperature of 72Ā°F (22Ā°C). When it is warm outside: ā€¢ The air conditioning is activated in recirculation mode. When it is cold outside: ā€¢ The defroster is activated at a moderately warm temperature. ā€¢ The rear defogger and door mirror heaters are activated

OP
OP
TelevisionPrograms
First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
No way to change it. 72*F is the setpoint. I had to chuckle when you said you don't want to put stress on the system - the engine idle increases so stress does NOT affect the engine.

The climate system turns the fans on full speed during remote start to circulate as much air as possible to heat/cool quicker. When you get in and press the start button, the fans drop back down to a comfortable setting, and for good reason. If you notice in the winter, you start your car and have your climate control in auto, the fans will not blow very much. Then some way down the road you hear your fans start to ramp up. This is smart technology - you don't want cold air blowing on you. The vehicle waits until the coolant temperature reaches ~100*F before it begins ramping up the fans. Also, the remote start system activates the defrost setting. This combined with the full fan speed helps remove frost from the windows quicker.

The battery is only used to start the vehicle - the alternator takes over after that. You're not stressing a thing.

It is a sophisticated machine working exactly as the big brain engineers designed it. It is not a delicate machine that needs to be cuddled.
You are absolutely right. I could definitely get used to that if I donā€™t have to worry too much about alternator and engine.
Sponsored