tibbydough

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic 2016 EX-L infotainment screen displaying black lines 5D2CFF8B-CD0C-43C9-8D35-A05D00071AA6

As you can see in the image above, the infotainment screen has stopped displaying the correct visuals and shows only these lines, sometimes varying in color. Have pulled fuses from battery and tried disconnecting battery to no avail.

Saw on another thread that replacing the touch screen on the unit solves the issue. How exactly is this accomplished? Or is there another solution to solving this issue?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Have you tried pulling the fuses to do a hard-reset? They are fuses 19, 19 and 20 in the engine compartment.

OP
OP
tibbydough

tibbydough

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Have you tried pulling the fuses to do a hard-reset? They are fuses 19, 19 and 20 in the engine compartment.
I did, I don’t have fuse 20, since I think that is an option, but I did a hard reset with 19 and the screen continued to malfunction.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sorry, had a typo. It should have said 18, 19 and 20. Did you try 18 and 19 together?

Otherwise, there was a thread on this forum where someone replaced theirs. Try to search for it.

fightingmink

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I had the same exact problems The touch capabilities were still in tact. Apple Car Play still worked without the visuals. I've tried installing 3rd part units and they all lacked the controls of the vehicle systems. I couldn't turn off my tire pressure warning. I looked at "pick and pulls" and they wanted $$$. I tried to keep the repair under $500. I asked a buddy at Honda how much an LCD screen would cost and it was $900 for the employee price. Some other user said the screen was $1500!

Luckily, I found an LCD unit on Amazon. It worked great. I had it for a couple of weeks now with no issues. All the factory functions are back! It only costs $299. Amazon.com: FLIBEN 39710-TBA-A11 7" Navigation Display LCD Touch Screen Compatible with Honda Civic 2016 2017 2018 39710-TBA-A21 39710-TBA-305 : Electronics

This was a 10 minute install.

2016 Civic Coupe Touring

bearj

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Wow! I’ve been having this trouble for months now and couldn’t find a good aftermarket head unit. I’m going to try your solution and see how it goes! Thank you!

Ryloguy

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I would like to add that this is probably caused by a loose connection over anything. I smacked the s*** out of mine and it fixed it lmfao. That said, if you are comfortable with disassembling the head unit to replace the screen anyways, you might as well just try re-seating the connection and see if that works.
Sponsored