OP
Nessism

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
After shaming the ebay seller he gave me the VIN of the car the head unit came from so I was able to obtain the "radio code." Put the ebay assembly in again and low and behold Andorid Auto music is playing yet again. I'm geeked!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nessism

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Okay, so here's a little nugget that (hopefully) someone will find interesting, other than just me.

As detailed earlier, I installed the ebay screen onto my original head unit as the first trial and it wouldn't play AA auto music same as my original setup.

So I pulled the ebay screen and put it back onto it's original head unit and installed the assembly, only to run into the "input radio code" debacle.

Wound up putting my original parts back in until the ebay seller gave me the VIN and I was able to get the radio code.

Last step was re-installing the ebay assembly, along with the radio code, and (the point of this post) the head unit remembered all my radio presets. Hum.

What component had the radio station preset information? I assumed it was either the screen or head unit but...?

It seems there is a lot of black magic going on with the infotainment screen and related components and software. No wonder there are so many bugs and unexpected events occuring.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
What component had the radio station preset information? I assumed it was either the screen or head unit but...?
AM/FM presets are stored in the radio tune unit around the passenger side C-Pillar.

XM presets are stored in the head unit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment Screen Freezing or No Audio, Camera Black 1605675008963
Sponsored