Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
The OP doesn't own a tuning device so there's no way he could do the needed datalogs for a remote etune.

Like I told him in an earlier post (for a variety of reasons), not have a tuning device is a mistake. He's limiting himself to local tuners who may or not be very good. If he had a KTuner he'd have access to the world's best tuners like D-Rob and John Vega.
He said he wanted a mild tune, and is understandable to just go to a local tuner and let the tuner do its job and forget to check everything else and just enjoy the car, as he thinks is not reaching close to any limits with the mild tunes. It's very common here to just have a reflash and go and only people interested on how engine works wants to really make sure everything is in check. I would monitor even a stock car, so yeah im on the other side of the spectre lol.

In this case, the tuner has the tools and he is the responsible to correctly troubleshoot the issue, but the problem is when the tuner is not as expert or is just a reflasher relaying on a remote engineer or even worse some even just buy a tune from elsewere and just flash it to the car.

And just to answer your question kytos, he increased the boost by a bit before running the logs to see if it would negate the loss of power(nothing improved)... THEN he datalogged and saw the bad afrs and we stopped immedeately and put the car back to stock map.
Ok this makes a bit more sense, but is strange that he couldnt do more. I've also had problems with the PCV valve but I doubt this is creating you an issue and I'm more inclined to the maf calibration. You should check by smoke test if accesible that there is no damaged pipe in case you really think there is a leak.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

leo256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5t sport (FK7)
Country flag
He said he wanted a mild tune, and is understandable to just go to a local tuner and let the tuner do its job and forget to check everything else and just enjoy the car, as he thinks is not reaching close to any limits with the mild tunes. It's very common here to just have a reflash and go and only people interested on how engine works wants to really make sure everything is in check
Exactly this....!

Ok this makes a bit more sense, but is strange that he couldnt do more. I've also had problems with the PCV valve but I doubt this is creating you an issue and I'm more inclined to the maf calibration. You should check by smoke test if accesible that there is no damaged pipe in case you really think there is a leak.
Yup... i asked around and found a guy that has a smoke machine so we will check for the leaks....
Thanks for the inputs guys... best case scenario... its a dirty MAF sensor or a leak and ill find it with the smoke....worst case scenario, i wont find the leak and wont be able to do anything until i buy a ktuner or hondata....

Daro

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 turbo CVT internacional
Country flag
i see what you mean and i know you are right... but those conservative stage 1 remaps are actually quite common here in europe... tsp and phearable squeezed more power from the motor that is true.. but reliability is lower (not low per se... but lower then these conservative remaps that gives it 300 nm for example) and thats why actually the majority of tuned car owners here dont have hardware such as ktuner in their cars... that being said... ill post the datalog of the dyno runs when my tuner sends them....thank you for responding btw!
Hi, how are you?

I don't live in Europe, I live in Argentina.
But here it is also very difficult to get a Hondadata or Ktuner.

Some time ago I also did a stage 1 on a local tuner, reading and reading I could see in forums that the same map was used in Europe, especially I saw it in forums in Spain.
So there is a possibility that it is the same map that I had.

I took advantage of a vacation to the United States and bought a Ktuner at Phearable.

I really recommend it, but first check that your ecu is compatible with Ktuner or Hondata.
It took me several months to add my ecu.

The difference between that stage 1 that I had installed with Phearable 1.5R is a Big difference.

The car responds more, with less turbo lag, it feels more polished and you can even monitor in real time or save records.

Personally, the map I had vs phearable, I feel safer with phearable, especially because I have more control of the accelerator and I can accelerate a little more without that sudden boost of turbo lag among other things.
Sponsored