Imnotorginal

First Name
AO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I was wondering if there were any audio clips on what a catted down pipe sounds like with a stock exhaust. Anyone have this setup? What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
I have the RV6 catted downpipe on stock exhaust. The exhaust sounds a bit louder and darker then with oem downpipe. When cruising on the highway it's like stock. In low rpm's and cold start it's a bit louder.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering if there were any audio clips on what a catted down pipe sounds like with a stock exhaust. Anyone have this setup? What are your thoughts?
I am currently running a PRL catted downpipe and AFE frontpipe to stock exhaust. Sounds no different than stock. I have yet to run full throttle since I'm breaking the engine in but all is quiet on this end. Just the way I like it.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Breaking the engine in? I thought u had your car for over a year base upon post I've seen you post about drag racing and stuff, u got a new car?
I blew my engine by mistake, back late in May of last year, running a tune for race gas on 93 octane. Oops! :eek: I just got the car back earlier this week. Rebuild delays due to Covid-19 of course. :thumbsdown:

So breaking the engine in.........'quickly' (Driving a lot). I'm ready to get back into the game. :D

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
I have the RV6 catted downpipe on stock exhaust. The exhaust sounds a bit louder and darker then with oem downpipe. When cruising on the highway it's like stock. In low rpm's and cold start it's a bit louder.
Any sound clips?

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
Sorry, but no. I took it off the car. Sold the car a while ago. Still have to sell the downpipe though

OP
OP

Imnotorginal

First Name
AO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Any sound clips?
I uploaded a video I took today. Its a cold start with a couple of small revs @ the 2:03 mark.

Just to add some details, I have PRL catted down pipe on stock exhaust. TSP 1.5 tune, PRL CAI and upgraded intercooler.

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
I uploaded a video I took today. Its a cold start with a couple of small revs @ the 2:03 mark.

Just to add some details, I have PRL catted down pipe on stock exhaust. TSP 1.5 tune, PRL CAI and upgraded intercooler.

Thanks for uploading. Do you have an Si? Would it be different sound compared to cvt hatch?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Does your stock exhaust also include a resonator and/or a muffler delete?

Last edited:

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Sound clips don’t really ever tell the full story either. I just put the PRL HVDP and Front pipe on my ‘19 Si. It absolutely sounds different/better but not obnoxious at all. I kept the rest of the exhaust OeM for now. The turbo response is also noticeably a bit quicker. It just gives the car a more hearty tone to it.
Sponsored