Cars that wanted to race you?

Dave

2017 Civic Type R - Red #1132
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Datsun 510 ------------ 1982 Toyota Corolla ----------- 1983 Porsche 944 ------------- 1989 Volvo 740 Turbo ------- 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS ------- 2006 Mazda 5 Touring ----- 2015 Honda Accord Touring -- 2009 Honda Accord Coupe --- 2017 Civic Type R - Red #1132 ---
Country flag
Yesterday I drove from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania with my wife and kids and the following cars wanted to race me: :dunno:
1- Acura TLX
2- New Mustang (4cil turbo)
3- New STI
4- BMW I8
5- C7 Corvette
6- SRT8 Cherokee
7- New 6cil Accord
8- Old Civic SI
9- A highway patrol follow me for around 5 miles :banghead:

In additional a guy with a Golf R dark blue in Providence was following me and a blue Focus RS in New Jersey......

It's insane the amount of people that were recording it and taking pictures of the car....
Sponsored

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
1) Maserati who I just ignored on the highway. He kept slowing down to get behind me and then would pass by at WOT. It was driven by an older gentleman
2) New Camaro (not sure trim level) driven by a gentleman in his 40's with his wife/gf in the passenger. He played frogger with several cars just to line up with me at a light. Flipped the mode to R+ and gapped his ass in 3rd gear. I let off as soon as I pulled away hard and did not exceed speed limit by more than 5mph. The douchebag kept going like a mofo, ran a very late red light as I gave him a thumbsdown and smile, and nearly hit another car. He did not want to look towards my direction at all.

That's it pretty much. Every single car from Mustangs to M4 to STI just stared at the car as they may have been trying to figure out what car I was in.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Pretty sad us current and future owners of the CTR have to deal with these idiots trying to race us :nono:

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I have never figured out why people record and take pictures
Pretty sad us current and future owners of the CTR have to deal with these idiots trying to race us :nono:
Blame past owners...... they are the ones in those cars now....

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
I don't even think a stock E46 M3. It would be very close.

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
Kinda of sad this car won't win much races on the street .
Why is that? It's in the $35k range and with a power to weight ratio of ~10.2. I won't be street racing anyone but I can't imagine it will be slow for this price point.

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
Yesterday I drove from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania with my wife and kids and the following cars wanted to race me: :dunno:
1- Acura TLX
3- New STI
4- BMW I8
5- C7 Corvette
6- SRT8 Cherokee
7- New 6cil Accord
8- Old Civic SI

In additional a guy with a Golf R dark blue in Providence was following me and a blue Focus RS in New Jersey......

It's insane the amount of people that were recording it and taking pictures of the car....

looks like you have to drop the "future" from your footer (idk what it's called lol):drive:

so far I only got a lot of stares and head turns. but then again I only have a short 8 mile rt to/from work. to paranoid to drive much anywhere else since I got no wheel locks yet. :eek:

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only get people look at it when I go to the store, stop for gas. Not many going down the road. Now, it won't beat any of the Porsche's, but it still can scoot mid second through 6th. 6th gear still pulls good. No need to drop it down to pass.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Most ppl just have taken pictures and record while on the highway

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
1- Acura TLX
3- New STI
4- BMW I8
5- C7 Corvette
6- SRT8 Cherokee
7- New 6cil Accord
8- Old Civic SI

My 13 year old son asked me what her name was and I said "I haven't named her yet. He says "well lets name her The Neck Breaker lol. The first car that tried to race me was a late model TC turbo charged. No contest, the guy passed me and turned around and literally chased me down just to have some fun. This car gets a lot of attention to say the least, especially when you're the only one in town with one :) approx 320k population
Sponsored